wireless.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 123

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I am already getting the gift I wanted...it arrives on 15 December 2008 from Guam!

My dau returns home to the states after being stationed for 2 years in Guam! Infact, today I am meeting her realtor to look at this house my dau wants to rent. I'm so excited!!!

So, my Christmas Wishes have come true, I will have my 3 kids home (well, two still live at home LOL)!

And my other wish is for everyone on TNet to have their wishes come true in these trying times!
God Bless,
Annmarie

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
Michigan Badger said:
a mini wireless video camera for my model RR layout (what I do during the winter months).

This little gem fits into the train engine so one gets a view of the layout from inside. Really cool! :thumbsup:

How bout U?

Another example of technology that would have cost a fortune in days past but is now affordable.

If you have a steam era theme to your railroad, it would be fun to play the video back in a grainy, black and white mode.

Jay

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Detecting related gear. ;D (go figure)

Gods phone number :-X ;D

Well and of course "good company". ::) :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Saturna said:
Michigan Badger said:
a mini wireless video camera for my model RR layout (what I do during the winter months).

This little gem fits into the train engine so one gets a view of the layout from inside. Really cool! :thumbsup:

How bout U?

Another example of technology that would have cost a fortune in days past but is now affordable.

If you have a steam era theme to your railroad, it would be fun to play the video back in a grainy, black and white mode.

Jay

Yes, I'm into vintage O gauge Lionel trains. My favorite is my near-mint 2056 Hudson with all original passenger cars (1952). It cost me a bunch of bucks but it's worth it.

How do you do that old fashioned film look? I don't think my Kodak camera has that feature built in.

Badge

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
HELLO FOLKS; :angry4: :angry5:

NOT THANKSGIVING YET. :clock: :cussing:

GIVE SOME THANKS :occasion16:
FOR ALL THE #&*@ YOU GOT LAST YEAR

Good point my friend! I prefer to celebrate Thanksgiving every day, myself but I am oh sooooo looking forward to celebrating it with family and friends Thursday! Many I do not get to see near often enough so it makes that day of Thanksgiving even more special!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
WoW!

I think for the day after Christmas I'd like to see video clips from MB's rail journey! :thumbsup:

...For Christmas? Whirled peas, change, and maybe a tankful.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I'm with you Sherm, unfortunately retailers have almost done away with Thanksgiving. They have Christmas junk out before Holloween is even over.

For Christmas...I just want enough $$$ left so I can go out for New Years Eve and forget how much Christmas cost.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Michigan Badger said:

How bout U?

Let me tell you what my son has done to me.He is only home 2 days a month.So he says,dad,build me a layout for HO.I did,tunnel,bridges yard except for the buildings,etc,it had 32 switches.Today I tore it completely out down to the frame work.He now wants to go with code 100 track instead of 83.We will have 3 different time periods.Modern w/working monorail,airport,mountains,waterfall,camping,then a 40/50's era city,a yard with turntable/engine house.All will be controlled by DCC.Oh yeah,river,canals bridges,etc. Want to help?I figure a good two years.He says it shouldn't take that long because I have nothing else to do,ha,ha.He's going with Rock Island.Has about 8 trains and all the cars right now.All the framework has to be modified to accommodate 22 degree turns.Just finished burning all the old foam.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
warsawdaddy said:
Let me tell you what my son has done to me.He is only home 2 days a month.So he says,dad,build me a layout for HO.I did,tunnel,bridges yard except for the buildings,etc,it had 32 switches.Today I tore it completely out down to the frame work.He now wants to go with code 100 track instead of 83.We will have 3 different time periods.Modern w/working monorail,airport,mountains,waterfall,camping,then a 40/50's era city,a yard with turntable/engine house.All will be controlled by DCC.Oh yeah,river,canals bridges,etc. Want to help?I figure a good two years.He says it shouldn't take that long because I have nothing else to do,ha,ha.He's going with Rock Island.Has about 8 trains and all the cars right now.All the framework has to be modified to accommodate 22 degree turns.Just finished burning all the old foam.

;D And I thought I had the RR bug bad! Sounds like your son is in this for the rest of your life. ;D

I really don't understand people who don't like THing and model railroading. :tongue3:

I got into the railroad addiction even before I got addicted to metal detecting. It all started when my dad bought me my first Lionel train set back in the 50's.

I'm building a totally new setup that will be entirely a winter layout. It will have about 200 foot of track and feature 1 train at a time (mostly the 2056 and maybe the 671 from time to time).

The entire layout will feature scenes from my life. Places I recall from my childhood, and mini replicas of the houses I've lived in to this date. I'll add in a few extras for the heck of it.

It will be spring before it's finished and then it'll be detecting time again.

Ah, some of us live a ruff life :thumbsup: :coffee2:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I forgot to add that he has one of those mini-cameras also.He has not installed it yet.But,yes,we(I)go to the train shows/swap meets also.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
warsawdaddy said:
I forgot to add that he has one of those mini-cameras also.He has not installed it yet.But,yes,we(I)go to the train shows/swap meets also.

I always knew there was something extra awesome about you :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rmptr said:
WoW!

I think for the day after Christmas I'd like to see video clips from MB's rail journey! :thumbsup:

...For Christmas? Whirled peas, change, and maybe a tankful.

Maybe next Christmas. I'm just starting a new layout. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
DJ_Quinn said:
LOL, what I really want is to find another job! (Got laid off 6 weeks ago after relocating for a job), Merry Christmas!

Lots of folks are in your shoes these days.

It's obvious by the lack of buyers too. Ebay and every other retail establishment type business is complaining. But people can't buy when they don't have the money.

I buy a lot off ebay and right now I'm getting some things at about 1/3 the price of last year. Too bad this doesn't include detectors.

My wife and I had many years when we wondered how we would pay the next bill. Been there and done it.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mcgearhead said:
I was hopeing for an ace 250, but mabe some time next year ! My three kids come first. So now I am just hopeing that I can give them the best christmas ever !

Right! :thumbsup:

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Michigan Badger said:
DJ_Quinn said:
LOL, what I really want is to find another job! (Got laid off 6 weeks ago after relocating for a job), Merry Christmas!

Lots of folks are in your shoes these days.

It's obvious by the lack of buyers too. Ebay and every other retail establishment type business is complaining. But people can't buy when they don't have the money.

I buy a lot off ebay and right now I'm getting some things at about 1/3 the price of last year. Too bad this doesn't include detectors.

My wife and I had many years when we wondered how we would pay the next bill. Been there and done it.

Thanks badger. I know Michigan is really hard hit, it's my home state. Not much good news from back there lately.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Product Description
From the Manufacturer
The SkyScout is a revolutionary handheld device that uses advanced GPS technology with point and click convenience to identify thousands of stars, planets, constellations and more.

Identify
Simply point the SkyScout at any star in the sky and click the target button. The SkyScout will tell you what object you are looking at.

Locate
To locate a star or planet, select the object's name from the menu and follow the directional arrows through the viewfinder. SkyScout tells you when you are on target. It's that easy!

Learn
Once you have targeted an object the real fun begins. The SkyScout includes entertaining and educational audio and text information, including facts, trivia, history and mythology about our most popular celestial objects. A fun learning tool for all ages, the SkyScout personal planetarium puts the knowledge of an expert astronomer in the palm of your hand.

SkyScout features

Identifies celestial objects with the click of a button.
Locates over 6,000 stars, planets and constellations from built-in celestial database and provides scientific information for each object.
Provides comprehensive text and audio descriptions providing history, mythology and other entertaining information for the most popular objects.
Tonight's Highlights: a customized list of the 20 best objects to view for your exact date, time and location anywhere in the world.
Constellation lessons: if the star you identify or locate is part of a constellation like the Big Dipper, you can actually take a guided tour through all the stars in that constellation and even see an onscreen map of the constellation.
Built-in field guide includes:
Introduction to astronomy: a six part audio lesson on the origin and history of astronomy
Glossary of terms: text defining popular astronomy terms including planets, comets, galaxies and more
Great Astronomers: text bios on some of the world's greatest astronomers including Galileo, Einstein and Copernicus
Man-made space objects: text description of some of the coolest objects man has sent into space including the International Space Station, the Hubble Space Telescope and the Space Shuttle
Comet guide: text descriptions about history's most famous comets including Halley's Comet and Comet Hale-Bop
SD card slot: for optional Sky Tour audio presentations that provide hours of entertainment on a variety of topics
USB port: allows database to be updated with new objects as they are discovered, comets, etc.
Simple enough for all ages: just turn it on and it's ready to use
Built-in help menu: includes a quick start instruction guide for using the SkyScout
Bring it anywhere: compact and light design makes it easy to carry and durable construction makes it safe for rugged environments
Backed by Celestron's 2-year warranty

Attachments

• SkyScout.jpg
    SkyScout.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 249

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread