WHAT IS A DOUBLE "D" WIDEBAND COIL

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WHAT IS A DOUBLE "D" WIDEBAND COIL

Double D coils are wideband coils in that the field extends out from the coils dia. and goes into the ground like more of windshield wiper ( wider at the bottom than a concentric cone shape). It is hotter down the center of the coil from the tip to the heel so you do not have to overlap as much per sweep. Pinpointing is done off the tip or heel of the coil instead of X'ing the target and it is much faster besides being able to work better in mineralized ground.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman is correct as usual, I have the WOT 15 inch (DD) on both my Sovereign GTs. It is also a hot coil, and it will sound off before it is over a target, just has to be close, nevered measured but at least an extra inch more in width, cant say how deep that extra inch goes, but it is there.

I can still "X" with it or do it off the tip of the coil. I am spoiled, after using the WOT it is real hard, as in almost impossible to go back to the "tiny" 10 inch coil..............

I have tried a couple times but, I can never hunt for more then 10-15 mins with the stock 10 inch before I am changing it back out for the 15 inch....I am able to cover so much more beach at a faster or quicker rate..........................

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll

here ya go!

Attachments

• dd coil.gif
    dd coil.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 399
  • mono coil.gif
    mono coil.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 406
  • dd coil.gif
    dd coil.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 403
  • mono coil.gif
    mono coil.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 384

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The pictures show it much better Digger. great post!! :thumbsup:

Now if only people would look at your post and learn.

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro

Thanks Dixie the pictures some it up quickly. HH ted

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro

The fact that the heal is best used for pinpointing is some of the best info you cann get. I've dug alot of big holes before I figures that out.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jenna Jameson? I wonder if she would like to go metal detecting..........

Treasure Hunter I know what you mean about being used to the larger coil and can't wait to go back to the larger one. I still don't have a WOT, but when I install my sniper coil for trashy areas I feel like I am just waving a cane or stick at the ground. Come to think of it, I wonder if I can just tape my inline probe to the end of a pole and have the switch set at probe to use it as a super sniper coil of one inch dia. It is a Sunray S-1 for my GT and gets an air test of 4" on a coin. Now that would be really laborious.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok, is the picture of the "mono coil" the same as what they are calling a concentric coil? I am seeing two kinds of coils advertised, the concentric and the double d. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread