Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings!

Let us not "beat around the bush" and get to the point.

The Tesoro DeLeon is called the Hawkeye over in the UK.

It, along with several other Tesoro models, is becoming VERY popular for the Roman and Celtic sites.?

The display is a good size but many hunters go mainly by the sound.

As for manual ground ballance (the Hawkeye has none), many U.K. THers say "do you need it to find great coins like Celtic silver coins?"

One THer wrote: "I use a Lobo Super Track and my other mate uses a Cibola and the guy who found the silver coin (Celtic) uses the Hawkeye on the same field we all find the same things and on checking signals with each other we have found that they all hit the same targets that are in the ground."

Upvote 0

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hey Zeb, in the UK Tesoro markets there units under the Laser name. It seems though that some models are slightly different then our units here. Maybe they change settings to conform to their harsh ground conditions????
hh
Greg

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
gregl01 said:
Hey Zeb, in the UK Tesoro markets there units under the Laser name. It seems though that some models are slightly different then our units here. Maybe they change settings to conform to their harsh ground conditions????
hh
Greg

This makes sense. I'll have to ask around about that.

Maybe someone here can answer this question?

Are all Tesoros without manual GB set the same no matter where they're sold?

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
i should oder one of them, and try it out here, in this red clay soil,,

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rjnail of alabama said:
i should oder one of them, and try it out here, in this red clay soil,,

I'm really excited about the Tesoro. I almost bought one two years ago. I placed an order from one of the online distributors but Tesoro canceled his dealership about the same time I ordered my machine. It seems he was selling lower than Tesoro allowed at the time.

I know they're selling a lot of machines and everything I'm reading online is positive. I can't find a single owner who says the detector is bad. So far most say they get the best depth of any machine they've ever owned.

Great depth means better coverage per square inch and that's all I'm really interested in anyway. Here in Michigan few targets are deeper than 4 inches anyway.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the U.S. with the harsh conditions, though there are a few spots in the U.K. where its hard to find a coin on the surface. The Lazers are almost the same as the U.S. versions ...the Hawkeye just has U.K. coins on the meter rather than U.S. Many machines are modified to various degrees, the Tejon having an expanded discrimination range to distance iron from our small hammered silver.
Re the lack of need for ground balance. Most of the sites you see producing lots of Roman etc are worked after ploughing so great depth is not needed. Go up north or west and without ground balance you might as well not bother on many sites. One other thing, if you don't have ground balance on your Tesoro how do you use a different coil size ? Your machine can be tuned to the new coil but then the stock coil isn't going to be set to the optimum. A company here will do a modification so that you have a switch with a position for the different coils but you might as well spend a little more in the first place and go for a manual ground balance model.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
U.K. Brian said:
One other thing, if you don't have ground balance on your Tesoro how do you use a different coil size ?? Your machine can be tuned to the new coil but then the stock coil isn't going to be set to the optimum. A company here will do a modification so that you have a switch with a position for the different coils but you might as well spend a little more in the first place and go for a manual ground balance model.

Very good point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread