All Treasure Hunting
To stack and later sell???

Last edited:

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd personally get the most ag for the lowest price. Premiums can change but the silver content doesn't. I personally think they are minted in such high numbers that having one in ms67 doesn't really matter numismatically either.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
What he said.

Speaking as a former butcher, price per pound....or oz. It's all about quantity. Ag is Ag!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to just buy silver I think your best bet would be to buy a 5, 10, 50, or 100 ounce bar depending on how much you want to buy.

You could buy 10 of the sunshine rounds for 16.80 or you could buy a 10 ounce bar for around 15.80 an ounce.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Top one , Security feature, and more silver for $$$. If you want to go with a bullion "Coin" go for pandas, kookaburras, koalas and Libertad, because they gain a higher premium than ASE over time.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver isn't always silver. Financially speaking, it will all depend upon the price of silver when you sell. As the spot price of silver rises, the premiums on ASEs fall, so therefore the ASE will retain more premium over spot at lower prices. At higher spot prices that premium becomes less and less.

To summarize, you should lose less with the ASE's if the price of silver doesn't rise or falls even further when you sell. Conversely your profit margin should be higher with the silver rounds (or any silver bullion) if the price spikes again. All of this assumes you don't overpay or get a bargain on either. If the bullion has too big of a premium attached when you're about to buy, it makes the ASE much more attractive and vice-versa.

For the record, I really don't like the price of either of these items. Surely there are better deals out there. Unless of course, you're only buying a few ounces...then it really doesn't matter, or at least as much.

iammoleman2

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
As to which is a better choice I have no opinion but as to price you can do better. My lcs sells the first example at $1.50 over spot. Might not be the lowest price available but better than the example above.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread