What is clad? Im not familiar with it...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is clad? I'm not familiar with it...

I went out today for about an hour and a half in a solo mission since I couldn't get a hold of anyone else. I went to a spot that we have hit pretty hard and went for the iffy signals.... It was already littered with dig holes from somebody else...

I ended up with that token that reads "ALL QUALITY MINTS" on one side and "GOOF FOR 5C PACKAGE OF MINTS" on the other side.

I also got 5 wheat pennies and two Indian Heads, 1890 and 1905.

That other thing is either a punchout of some kind or maybe a local gaming token... it isn't marked with anything that I can see.

No clad was dug on the day, boo yah.

03-14-07.JPG

Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What is clad? I'm not familiar with it...

Great job brian! It pays to care care of those iffy sigs at some point in the hunt.HH

D

doyboy

Your detector is an Injun machine, bud! It is finally nice to see someone on this forum that hates the ugly clad, too. There has to be more Seated coins in that park!

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stormtrooper154 said:
Nice digs....I wish we were all bleesed with places like that!

I would definitely say that this spot isn't a blessing, there are many other parks that I would rather be hunting at than this one. The finds are pretty rare here.

doyboy said:
Your detector is an Injun machine, bud! It is finally nice to see someone on this forum that hates the ugly clad, too. There has to be more Seated coins in that park!

Yeah, I don't go to the park to dig up memorials and post pictures of them, that's for sure, haha.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone digging a seated coin in any of the parks around here. The two oldest ones that I hunt didn't get started until 1905 or so.

Now go out and dig some more old coppers!

D

doyboy

It is amazing how a stack of Memorial pennies can bring 30 replies, but your posts only bring around 13. Hmmmm....that seems quite odd.

I hope to get back to the fort site this Sunday. My area is supposed to get some snow soon, so, it doesn't look bright >:(.

If I can't get out, I will sit with my detector and :'(.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

doyboy said:
It is amazing how a stack of Memorial pennies can bring 30 replies, but your posts only bring around 13. Hmmmm....that seems quite odd.

I hope to get back to the fort site this Sunday. My area is supposed to get some snow soon, so, it doesn't look bright >:(.

If I can't get out, I will sit with my detector and :'(.

Dude, that's because memorials just rock! They take a lot of work to find! It takes an awesome detector to dig them and you and I just can't seem to find them. We are pathetic!

Hopefully you don't get anymore snow for the season and you can get out this weekend. But I think they are calling for some cold weather and maybe snow for us as well!!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

No clad. Hmmmm. Starting to sound a little familiar here. I remember when you were commenting about how much clad Nate and I use to find. Well no more. It would be nice but usually you don't get the really old stuff where there is clad.

Anyway, I see you are off to a strong start to the Spring. :)

Bob

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mirage said:
No clad. Hmmmm. Starting to sound a little familiar here. I remember when you were commenting about how much clad Nate and I use to find. Well no more. It would be nice but usually you don't get the really old stuff where there is clad.

Anyway, I see you are off to a strong start to the Spring. :)

Bob

These coins were all found right next to a heavily used children's playground here in the park. But basically, if it's not old or a quarter I don't really want to bed over to dig for it.

D

doyboy

If it ain't clad, I can't be glad! hehehe

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bscofield6 said:
doyboy said:

Dude, that's because memorials just rock! They take a lot of work to find! It takes an awesome detector to dig them and you and I just can't seem to find them. We are pathetic!

Funny how you two need to count the number of replies you get to pump up your egos. Hmmmmmm, maybe only getting 13 posts for a great find, over someone getting 30 posts on a pile of clad could have something to do with arrogance?
Just a thought. Maybe you two clowns could start your own "Super-Duper Best Coins Ever Produced" club?
A lot of folks on this site are new at detecting, or not as blessed with these "super-duper" sites you hunt at, and happy as hell to find clad. If those posts aren't your cup of tea, maybe it's time you guys post on a site that is more worthy of your superior findings. I don't think you need to slam other peoples finds that are not worth your precious time. I haven't seen you guys on Newsweek, CNN, or any treasure shows yet. Maybe I missed it?
I think you pegged it right in your statement above...."we are pathetic".
Super-duper find by the way.
-MM-

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana

Its all about getting out and doing it for me. I have not dug alot of old stuff yet, but its coming.

I figure if I do all the right stuff and im in the right places god willin my coil will run over an old find.

Nice find B, but you got to remember that last year I was the fella postin clad as my finds and was excited to do so.

HH.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lionhrt9 said:
Its all about getting out and doing it for me. I have not dug alot of old stuff yet, but its coming.

I figure if I do all the right stuff and im in the right places god willin my coil will run over an old find.

Nice find B, but you got to remember that last year I was the fella postin clad as my finds and was excited to do so.

HH.

And this year with that xterra you should be posting some nice old coins for us to ogle at!!! :):)

D

doyboy

ModernMiner said:
bscofield6 said:
doyboy said:

Funny how you two need to count the number of replies you get to pump up your egos. Hmmmmmm, maybe only getting 13 posts for a great find, over someone getting 30 posts on a pile of clad could have something to do with arrogance?
Just a thought. Maybe you two clowns could start your own "Super-Duper Best Coins Ever Produced" club?
A lot of folks on this site are new at detecting, or not as blessed with these "super-duper" sites you hunt at, and happy as hell to find clad. If those posts aren't your cup of tea, maybe it's time you guys post on a site that is more worthy of your superior findings. I don't think you need to slam other peoples finds that are not worth your precious time. I haven't seen you guys on Newsweek, CNN, or any treasure shows yet. Maybe I missed it?
I think you pegged it right in your statement above...."we are pathetic".
-MM-

ModernDude, I will let my finds speak for themselves and I believe Big B's can do the same. Good day to you, sir!

Oh, if you search the archives of Muncie's morning newspaper, you will see my good friend, the B'ster, on the front page. For all you know, I could have been accosted by the producers of "Sesame Street" to detect Big Bird's front yard. hehehe

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Personally I like diggin the pennies and the quarters and the nickels and the dimes. I guess its different for everyone but for me this hobby is a way to get out and spend some time with my kids and enjoy the hunt. What I dig really isn't what I'm out here for, its the time and the hunt.

Thats just my 2 cents ;D

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
bscofield6 said:
doyboy said:

I think you pegged it right in your statement above....

"we are pathetic".
-MM-

Arrogance is what brings old coins home at the end of the day. I go in to every spot expecting to find something old, no matter how hunted out it is.

As for having great sites? They aren't any better than what anybody else on the forum has to hunt at.

That does sound like a cool club, though. Let me know when the vote for the t-shirt designs go down because I want to throw in some of my ideas.

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice job..still looking for my first IH..my oldest so far is a 1910 wheat..

HH,
Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread