What is going on with this coin!???!!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this up for auction I started to the $.99 is 1885S Morgan Silverdollar something rare? Or maybe two people need it for their Bradford exchange collection I'm really not sure and I have no idea why the bid for this coin is that what it is!! $76!!? I almost broke it out of the case because it was in such bad shape. But decided to leave it in there I guess a couple people need it for the collection that's only thing I can assume $76!!

http://ebay.to/1x3Smqq

Too bad the one above it I did break out of the case, who knew! I have 4 left... Different years though not 1885.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1You have a bidder who keeps raising his own bid. Prime candidate for non paying once he discovers the last bidder bowed out at 23.33!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1You have a bidder who keeps raising his own bid. Prime candidate for non paying once he discovers the last bidder bowed out at 23.33!

Great. Definitely not the answer I was looking for. Lol! However the top bid is not the same as the previous 10. It's got to be that somebody's making the set and they need that coin I'm assuming... ? Maybe.. And I hope! To tell you the truth I never even heard of Bradford exchange until I bought the coins. But in reality I guess that means nothing because I never heard of fire ants until I moved to Florida and stepped in a nest in my sandals!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a puzzler alright. high bid is over 3 times what the coin is worth and you have two people who don't think so! :icon_scratch:

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
If you click the view automatic bids button is shows that the guy that is winning it now was outbidding the other guy each time by a dollar. I have an 1878 and an 1886 that are in far better shape than that one.... maybe I should ebay them. LOL

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. At $102.50. Now!!

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's got to be that they needed for their set the only thing that really makes sense.

Crazy lucky for you lol

Did you ever list that lazer tag
Gun? My set went for $189

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's weird. Others are up for, "BUY IT NOW" at far less. Sure hope you get paid. Nice score.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured it was too good to be true!! Here's the common I get right after it's paid for?

Dear beachkid23,

I'm very much concerned about this item. I still DO NOT believe I bidded on this. I would never have placed a $300 limit either!. Please, I'd rather not have this item shipped and please refund my money to PayPal. I'm continuing to investigate this scenario. I'm just wondering if someone hacked my phone recently. I don't know yet. Please respond.

Thank you.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to be too good to be true right!!??! This is the email I get.

Dear beachkid23,

I'm very much concerned about this item. I still DO NOT believe I bidded on this. I would never have placed a $300 limit either!. Please, I'd rather not have this item shipped and please refund my money to PayPal. I'm continuing to investigate this scenario. I'm just wondering if someone hacked my phone recently. I don't know yet. Please respond. Thank you.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured it was too good to be true!! Here's the common I get right after it's paid for? Dear beachkid23, I'm very much concerned about this item. I still DO NOT believe I bidded on this. I would never have placed a $300 limit either!. Please, I'd rather not have this item shipped and please refund my money to PayPal. I'm continuing to investigate this scenario. I'm just wondering if someone hacked my phone recently. I don't know yet. Please respond. Thank you.

That is a bunch of bs. Buyers remorse. He may have made a mistake with bidding. But....... He paid for it. Which means he new how much he won it for. Technically speaking. You have every right to keep the money and ship the item as it is a binding contract. I don't buy the story for one second. There was another bidder goig against him correct?

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report your concerns and the text of that email to eBay. Better off that than being out the money and the coin if something goes wrong.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the other person bid $100. I already refund of them though. Bunch of crap. Relisted and block her but I was not thrilled. She said she had a Max bid on it of $300. Sounds like some drunk bidding to me.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a bunch of bs. Buyers remorse. He may have made a mistake with bidding. But....... He paid for it. Which means he new how much he won it for. Technically speaking. You have every right to keep the money and ship the item as it is a binding contract. I don't buy the story for one second. There was another bidder goig against him correct?

Lol.

Good luck with that attitude if you ever decide to sell something on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread