Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
P160512_20.48.jpg?

I went to a local bank about 20 miles away today, to their main HQ's branch while on business. To my delight, they had a free coin counter tp customers (this is my main personal bank). I grabbed my $500 of halves to dump from the car, and only $49 filled a bag.

I asked if that is a $500 bag (yes), does it get filled often (nope), can I buy it (probably), and can I look at it for a minute (sure). Well, I saw one silver rim and knew I was buying it. I also grabbed a box of dimes from them.

I am about to get into it....I will post the results!

Upvote 0
[h=2]What is in this $500 bag of halves?[/h]
Why 1000 half dollars! (hopefully!)

Good luck!

H$H!!
TGB

still waiting for the $ 1,000 bag of halves to fill up. last one had 3 1964 and 6 40% and 2 canadian toonies. and the bag was about 3 dollars over !!!!!

Answer: 2 walkers, 5 bens, 3 90% kens, 13 40%'s. Also some other foreign and clad. This is my second best find so far. Totally broke a skunk streak. I also had 3 roosie dimes in two boxes today. Very good day! About 5.7 oz. I just sold & shipped 32 oz, nice to start up a new stack with this great find. Hopefully when I dump the clad tomorrow I will still be feeling good about this bag.

P160512_21.33.jpgP160512_21.32 (1).jpg

And here we are, I can see two British pennies plus a loonie and a toonie.
Good score, this bag partially proves someone's (can remember the name), who proposed an idea of bags containing "wild".
The "wild" will likely result in a decent silver score + a couple of foreign goodies.

Loonie. Ill never get over how funny that is. My Canadian friends just stared at me while I was laughing about it, then I was like "oh, you're serious, that's really the name of this coin?...what do you call the two dollar coin again?" Good times.

Last edited:
That is a tits find! Every time I try to by bags of halves (which isn't very often,) I always get denied. "Sorry, we HAVE to ship them out."

The other coins:

3 quaters, 1 nickel, 1 SAC dollar. 2008 20cent Australian, 1996 Canadian 2 dollar, 1937 & 1948 One Penny Coin (british?) and a 1981 New Penny. I am not really familiar with these last three. (and one batting cage token!)

The "wild" will likely result in a decent silver score + a couple of foreign goodies.

This machine had no reject slot. They said there was a magnet, but it looks like everything else would end up in some bag. The other banks I go to to dump all sort out everything foreign, I have not got even a single canadian dime past them.

What were the years of the Walkers? Nice bag of halves!:thumbsup:

1937 & 1948 One Penny Coin (british?) and a 1981 New Penny.

They are all British and worth little. I assume that last coin has a 50 in the middle, or you have a rare error of a penny struck on a 50 pence blank (like having a cent stuck on a half blank).

I also pulled a 1955 20 centavos and another SAC dollar out of the bag while dumping today. The good news is - the bag's count was right on. No losses this time - makes up for the $83 dollar short bag I bought a while back. :thumbsup:

Buy some boxes of dime and quarters, top off the bags, buy the,, and fetch Yourself another payday.

1 2 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back