What is it like living in Georgia during the summer months?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't mind Louisiana. Maybe buy some swampland and a shack. And get a Cajun girl.

So you looking for paradise? :laughing IMG_3220.JPG

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Laissez le bon temps rouler, mais pas sur ma tombe fumante!

My dad was stationed in Louisiana when he was in the airforce. He says that hell has nothing on Louisiana, lol!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Laissez le bon temps rouler, mais pas sur ma tombe fumante!

My dad was stationed in Louisiana when he was in the airforce. He says that hell has nothing on Louisiana, lol!

(WARNING! Tongue planted firmly in cheek!)

Hot just like that in any part of the south.

Mississippi. Thank goodness for Mississippi! Keeps the rest of the south from being worst on a lot of lists.

Bama's the worst though, and not just because it's hotter than a habanero pepper in the summertime. If you've ever been through eastern Georgia, the reason all the trees lean to the west is simple: Alabama sucks. I mean, really, they named their football team after a nasty algal bloom, but they use a white elephant as their mascot?

Georgia isn't much better, Atlanta is home to the Failclowns football franchise. Who else could turn a 28-3 lead in the third quarter of the Superbowl . . . into a 34 - 28 loss in just 15 minutes? Now THAT IS efficiency! Also, there is good reason that the truck drivers all call it "Hot Lanta". Got nothing to do with southern belles.

Florida has the Gulf of Mexico on the western shore and the Atlantic on the east . . . kinda like broiling instead of baking.

The Carolinas get pretty hot too. Haven't spent much time there, but my dad's people all came to this country through the Carolinas. They left to move to Mississippi. What does that say?

Texas has hot, scorpions, tarantulas, armadillos, and (not sure which is worse) both Lonestar Beer Commercials and the Dallas Cowgirls football franchise . . . owned by an Arkie named Jerry Jones.

Did I insult everyone yet???

Hey, it's all in good fun. Not even close to some of the things I've heard about Louisiana. Maybe it says something that this half-bleed cajun doesn't go back no more. Now, where's my paper bag with the eye holes cut out?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(WARNING! Tongue planted firmly in cheek!)

Hot just like that in any part of the south.

Mississippi. Thank goodness for Mississippi! Keeps the rest of the south from being worst on a lot of lists.

Bama's the worst though, and not just because it's hotter than a habanero pepper in the summertime. If you've ever been through eastern Georgia, the reason all the trees lean to the west is simple: Alabama sucks. I mean, really, they named their football team after a nasty algal bloom, but they use a white elephant as their mascot?

Georgia isn't much better, Atlanta is home to the Failclowns football franchise. Who else could turn a 28-3 lead in the third quarter of the Superbowl . . . into a 34 - 28 loss in just 15 minutes? Now THAT IS efficiency! Also, there is good reason that the truck drivers all call it "Hot Lanta". Got nothing to do with southern belles.

Florida has the Gulf of Mexico on the western shore and the Atlantic on the east . . . kinda like broiling instead of baking.

The Carolinas get pretty hot too. Haven't spent much time there, but my dad's people all came to this country through the Carolinas. They left to move to Mississippi. What does that say?

Texas has hot, scorpions, tarantulas, armadillos, and (not sure which is worse) both Lonestar Beer Commercials and the Dallas Cowgirls football franchise . . . owned by an Arkie named Jerry Jones.

Did I insult everyone yet???

Hey, it's all in good fun. Not even close to some of the things I've heard about Louisiana. Maybe it says something that this half-bleed cajun doesn't go back no more. Now, where's my paper bag with the eye holes cut out?

Brother lives in Montgomery, Alabama. 125% humidity. If it snows enough to have accumulation of two snowflakes deep, everything is closed and people drive into ditches. Weird if you come from mountains where folks think nothing of driving in five feet of snow.
I don't really have a team but seeing Brady slice up the Falcons was pure artistry :D They still haven't recovered. And Clemson beating the bleep out of Sabin lol.
I don't know if Missouri is part of the South or not. The CW was over by the time they chose a side. Lot of Germans emigrated here long ago. If you ever get to know women of German descent you suddenly get the whole Hitler thing :D
But since my home state of Colorado went off the rails I disowned it. Maybe if they get rid of most of the people there I would reconsider. But I kinda like a state where you can shoot people who get too sassy and not be charged.
Anyone who takes your comments too seriously is probably a yellow-belly lily-livered durned yankee anyway ;)

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My dad is biased...he got lost with a few other guys when they accidentally took a wrong turn in one of them bayous. They were gone for days, and the airforce, and local authorities were searching for them. He said they could hear the gators roaring, wild dogs, screaming birds, and they were being steamed alive. Finally they got to a remote house, and told the owner the situation, and within ten minutes, airforce officials and national guard and everything showed up at the house looking for answers. My dad never liked Louisiana before, but he loathed it afterwards.:laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My dad is biased...he got lost with a few other guys when they accidentally took a wrong turn in one of them bayous. They were gone for days, and the airforce, and local authorities were searching for them. He said they could hear the gators roaring, wild dogs, screaming birds, and they were being steamed alive. Finally they got to a remote house, and told the owner the situation, and within ten minutes, airforce officials and national guard and everything showed up at the house looking for answers. My dad never liked Louisiana before, but he loathed it afterwards.:laughing7:

. . . and DAT is why you never follow a pretty cajun girl into da swamp!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did they make a movie based on this incident? With banjo music?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

No. It really was a sad situation, nothing heroic. My dad was about 22-23 years old, and so was the rest of the group. They got a one day pass, so they took one six pack of beer to share amongst the three or four of them, and a bottle of water each. Well they ran out of all liquids very quickly, and they had nothing to drink, and they dang sure weren't going to drink swamp water.They couldn't even find dry land to camp on. It was scary, but I think they were more scared of the base commander than anything, lol! The Airforce tells the story at that base every time they have a training class, and I think they added it to their training books as well.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh, how misinformed they were back then. They thought they would have fun fishing. HAHAHAHAHA!

Well, dey may have almost gone fishin' but she might have felt sorry for dem boys. Great grandfather used to take my grandfather wit him when he went gator huntin. Den my grandfather could play in da water which actually attracted dem gators. So, he used his kid as da bait. Dat ol Injun was too poor to buy a gun so he hunted with a hatchet. Besides, wit all dem kids he couldn't afford da luxury of being a two pirogue family. He walked thru da swamp pulling da pirogue. It just made it easier for him to bring home da gators.

You not confusing da movie "Gator" wit "Deliverance" . . . are you?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. It really was a sad situation, nothing heroic. My dad was about 22-23 years old, and so was the rest of the group. They got a one day pass, so they took one six pack of beer to share amongst the three or four of them, and a bottle of water each. Well they ran out of all liquids very quickly, and they had nothing to drink, and they dang sure weren't going to drink swamp water.They couldn't even find dry land to camp on. It was scary, but I think they were more scared of the base commander than anything, lol! The Airforce tells the story at that base every time they have a training class, and I think they added it to their training books as well.

Thought maybe "Deliverance" was based on the incident. Now I got to look and see if that was filmed in Arkansas.
One day pass and they go in a swamp?!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread