What is it??

JDub1182

Jul 13, 2013
IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1253.JPG IMG_1254.JPG Found this metal detecting With a Garrett Ace 400.....There isnt very much iron in the signal but it does have a little.....It jumped from 43, 74, 85, & 99....As u see in the pic, the strong earth magnets are attracted but they fall off if it is moved at all.... Refrigerator magnets don't stick at all. This is how I found the object, with its SUPER SHINY side facing up out of the ground. It was about 1 foot down in the ground and there was no other rocks around it....Really the only reason I dug it was because I was going after a much stronger target that was above it, which turned out to be a bottle cap...I understand that to get a definite answer is to test it, but I would like to hear opinions....The owners of Golden detectors, in Golden Colorado told me that I should take it to the school of mines to have them look at it.....That is the next step..

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It reminds me of slag I've found around places. I bet you could soak in acid and it will not hurt it. The ones I found had no reaction.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does kinda look like some of the slag I've seen over around Leadville. It wasn't quite that shiny and I didn't check to see how the detector responded to it.

Upvote 0

93Vertang

Aug 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be a monument rock with ID missing. If you had a property map it may line up to a corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread