What is my 1942 Standing Liberty S worth?

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
enamel7 said:
Depends on condition first and foremost.

It is in fair condition, but not perfect, it will clean up very well though. So if you had a rough estimate, what would it be. It is not mint or in a case. thanks for the help.

jj

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
I need to correct this, it is a walking liberty half. 1942 S. Thanks for looking.

JJ

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
$5.22 silver value. But it's really only worth what someone will give you for it.

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
JJTheisen said:
it will clean up very well though.

First, with coins you NEVER, (I repeat) NEVER, want to clean them. It only brings down the value. I'm assuming because you found it in circulation it is somewhere between F, VF, and XF. According to the latest issue of Coins (Which by the way is High retail pricing. So this is a little higher than what it's worth. If you want a really good price guide, subscribe to the grey sheet. It's whole sale, and tells you what to buy coins for, and what to sell them for. It's great if your buying coins to flip em' or as an investment.) it is anywhere from $5.80, to $6.20, to $10.00. Hope that helps! Happy Hunting! ;D :thumbsup: :coffee2: :icon_study: :D :icon_sunny: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
As a general rule think you will find circulated coins may be labeled as worth more than Silver value are rare finds and by time you find a buyer willing to pay the more believe you will find not worth the effort.
Found a 43D Walker this past week, was surprised by the quality of it being a circulated coin, it is gonna go in my Walker stack, don't feel like searchin out a buyer who will give me a few dollars more than Silver. Of course keep eyes open may find a genuine Numismatic coin, some have I understand.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
DAS7NY said:
JJTheisen said:
it will clean up very well though.

First, with coins you NEVER, (I repeat) NEVER, want to clean them. It only brings down the value. I'm assuming because you found it in circulation it is somewhere between F, VF, and XF. According to the latest issue of Coins (Which by the way is High retail pricing. So this is a little higher than what it's worth. If you want a really good price guide, subscribe to the grey sheet. It's whole sale, and tells you what to buy coins for, and what to sell them for. It's great if your buying coins to flip em' or as an investment.) it is anywhere from $5.80, to $6.20, to $10.00. Hope that helps! Happy Hunting! ;D :thumbsup: :coffee2: :icon_study: :D :icon_sunny: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_king:
This is my experience with cleaned coins. I sold a few 90% kennedy halves a while back. Some were dirty circulated, some were chemically dipped, which appeared BU. I confessed to my dealer that I had dipped some of them. He kept the dipped coins seperate to sell at a premium.
As far as that the value of that Walker, dealers here MIGHT go to $5. I would buy it at $6 if you paid for shipping....it's not a key date. Just my $.02 FFD

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
alabamadan said:
What did you dip them in?
I use a product called "Conniseur's" silver jewelry cleaner. 10-15 second dip, rinse w/warm water, then lightly buff.
I have only dipped a few kennedy halves, Roosevelts, and a few dug silvers...they have no numismatic value, just junk silver. OMG the brilliance is blinding! FFD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread