luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the MXT which the M6 is based on. In my opinion, the DD coils are not "a lot better". However, the 6X10 DD on my MXT separates better in moderate trash than the 9.5 stock. The 4X6dd is a wonder in heavy trash and tight places, but at the expense of ground coverage and depth. Haven't used the 10"DD, but many seem to like it. DD coils may give better depth in heavier mineralization, but most of the time the concentric coils do a bit better (size for size) and generally discriminate better. A good all around coil for trashy areas and with good depth and decent ground coverage is the 5.3 which is really a 6" concentric. I've found that I can run the 6X10 or the 5.3 as my main coils to good advantage, but keep the stock 9.5 around for larger, fairly trash free areas. Hope this is helpful.
luvsdux

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
luvsdux said:
DD coils may give better depth in heavier mineralization, but most of the time the concentric coils do a bit better (size for size) and generally discriminate better.

Please ignore this guy. I don't use a White's, but a DD coil will increase your finds. I LOVE hunting behind somebody using a concentric coil. And the best part is, they have no idea how much they are leaving behind.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll stand by what I posted. I haven't found the DD coils to be a LOT BETTER in my humble opinion. I do however find the 6X10DD to be a very useful coil. AND I do use a Whites.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread