what is the best in finding gold coins and old bar golds in Saudia Arabian land?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
bakheet, I see you're asking on various threads about pulse machines, and now this GPX5000. Well OF COURSE they (like any metal detector), will "find gold bars" and "gold coins". That's what all metal detectors do afterall :) And if you meant: ".... to go deeper than any other for that function", then the answer is: Yes. A pulse (like beach machines) go super deep, and are super sensitive. And the GPX5000 , as a nugget detector, is insanely deep and sensitive. Yup, a gold coin to nearly 2 ft. deep I bet ! And a refrigerator to 10 ft. away I bet !

But it appears no one has told you a dark nasty little secret :( Each of these type machines will "ring the bells of notre dame" over every single staple, push-pin, nail, zipper grommet, paper-clip, etc.. So you really need to ask yourself what your objectives are. Not simply "what goes deepest" type questions. I'm not sure about Saudia Arabia, but ..... any place on earth there man-kind has lived, is generally riddled with nuisance little iron type things. So you might need a standard discriminating machine, to at least knock out iron.

Next you mention "gold bars". And in another post you mention "boxes". Those are bigger type items (as opposed to individual fumble fingers coin-searching). So perhaps you should consider a 2-box machine. They will not find an object smaller than about a Soda Can. Perfect "discriminators" for pesky individual coins, nails, etc.... You'll only find larger objects, and to a good-depth at that. Yes it's true that standard machines can often find toaster-oven sized objects just as deep (or even deeper in the case of the GPX5000). But the advantage of the 2-box type, is you simply won't hear or be bothered by anything smaller than soda-can sized objects.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind digging everything get a GPX. If your looking for caches consider a two box unit. Don't expect every target to be a gold coin or gold bar. Do expect if you start finding things someone will be along to take it from you ;) My thoughts.

OP
OP
B

bakheet

Greenie
Nov 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys. I will buy gpx5000 and start searching gold coins. because in our country so much of pure gold coins and golden statue of the jewish.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

thanks guys. I will buy gpx5000 and start searching gold coins.....

Well, apparently you didn't read my post. The word of caution of the " dirty little secret" of the GPX5000. But go ahead and knock yourself out. Get ready to get your ears blasted off by every last pinhead, paperclip, nail, fleck, etc.... They were made for nugget hunting. Not coin/relic hunting. Oh well, I tried :dontknow:

OP
OP
B

bakheet

Greenie
Nov 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I `m not expert but seeking for advices before buying any detector till to find the best one and effective in scanning ground to get gold coins . you know Minelab has different series of detectors. I need your advice in X-TERRA 70 AND ITS SERIES, WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE FOR ME IN FINDING GOLD COINS AND GOLD BAR, THAT`S WHAT I NEED?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

....WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE FOR ME IN FINDING GOLD COINS AND GOLD BAR, THAT`S WHAT I NEED? ...

You need to specify: When you say "gold coins", do you mean individual coins, one-at-a-time ? As in "fumble-fingers" losses? Or are you talking about a box, jar, etc.... of "coinS" ? And same for gold bars: Are we talking brick-sized "bars"? Or domino sized or snicker-bar sized type affairs ?

OP
OP
B

bakheet

Greenie
Nov 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks my dear , I am looking for the gold coins in boxes and gold bar as a brick-sized. What is the suitable machine for that and the depth about two meters? I know that some detectors are bullshit good for nothing.

your advice, if you don't mind.

thnks again

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites TM-808 cache hunter?... try reading up on it.
I lived in Saudi for almost a year when I was a kid... I know the gold there... heh... very abundant. the gold markets that still have sand for streets are loaded with droppings from the women who sell off blankets on the ground in front of the shops.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why not try a Garret GTI 2500 package and get the Treasure Hound Eagle Eye. You'll have an excellent general purpose detector for those sandy streets ARRC is talking about and a two box unit for those cache's and bars your thinking about. Add to that you'll have discrimination ability that you will not have with a PI. Not a hard choice and it'll be cheaper than a GPX without the dig it all headache.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

.... I am looking for the gold coins in boxes and gold bar as a brick-sized....

Ok, now that you've answered that question, you will find the answer in my first reply, post #2 of this thread, 3rd paragraph. Already answered. As for WHICH particular 2-box, they're all decent (only minor differences between them). A good all around 2-box is a Whites TM -808.

If you super fine tune one, and hold it very close the ground, and chase smaller whispers, you can find things as small as about an apricot or index card-sized objects. Even can detect a silver dollar, if you held it *just right*, etc.... But realistically speaking, soda-can sized or larger items.

And in your case, since you're after "big game", then ironically "more sensitivity" is not what you want anyhow. If you're after boxes and brick-sized items, as you say, then ..... the LAST thing you want to be bothered with, is nuisance coin-sized and other such small junk. Because the average set of ruins is LITTERED with junk, iron, etc..... Hence the 2-box excells at being a default discriminator of all your small stuff. No need to spend all day "2nd-guessing" big versus small. It does it all for you :)

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to Tom.:thumbsup:

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are in the market for a GPX 5k. I might wait till the new yr and get the GPZ 7000 coming . when you have the best equipment you will get hard results .
O course the 5 k should be going down soon .

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Why don't you ask Usama Bin Laden? Oh wait, the SEALS shot him in the face. Never mind.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A trained search dog may work, just a thought.

joyce222

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if YOUR GOING WHERE I THINK YOUR GOING YOU WANT A MINE DETECTOR AND AN M16

OP
OP
B

bakheet

Greenie
Nov 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forget to ask a Masonic responsible persons who want to make everybody poor .Never mind

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
"masonic responsible people " ? Who want to "make everyone poor ". huh. ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions