What is the best size to get and of what brand?

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own the AT Pro when I'm looking for more depth. I've been looking at the NEL 13"and 15". I am having a problem with the weight of the machine as well as the inconsistencies that that some reviews have shown. I heard that the Tornado 10" was lighter but I also wanted to cover more ground. is there any Coyle that I'm not thinking about? Can somebody help me and steer me in the right direction to make the right decision. I definitely have to go deeper than my 8" x 5".

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
For the weight issue try a straight shaft in carbon fiber from either Anderson or Rods by plugger. You may want to try a simple bungee type detector harness especially with a heavier coil.
Best of luck.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a make-shift harness when I plan on swinging my F75 with a 15" coil for longer than 2 hours. It makes the detector neutral in weight. Works for me. I mainly use the 15" coil in fields and other low target dense areas as well as going over a permission after I gridded it in 2 directions using the stock coil.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the weight issue try a straight shaft in carbon fiber from either Anderson or Rods by plugger. You may want to try a simple bungee type detector harness especially with a heavier coil.
Best of luck.

Thanks Rusty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread