What is the best way to carry your finds for shallow water hunting?

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mesh bag, hip pouch, just make sure you have a pill bottle or something to put really good finds in and then a zipper pocker on your shirt or somewhere to put that in.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
I use the carpenters apron. Junk on one side, keepers on the other. Good keepers in the zipper pocket in my sun shirt. That way you separate all the really good stuff, that keeps everything safe. HH Gayle

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco carries a really nice water bag that is mesh and has large trash area, pocket for finds and a hidden pocket to hide the really nice finds from prying eyes.

Here is a link to it. http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/pouches.htm

If you put your good finds in a seperate bottle or holder, be sure you tie it to your bag or person, other wise you will be looking for a tiny floating bottle in the surf and that is no fun....

Good luck and good hunting............

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I wear blue jean shorts and trash goes into back pockets and good finds go into front pockets....pockets are deep and it stays where I put it......if I find a REAL good item I usually go put it in the truck...good time for smoke break lol

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Yeah your swimsuit pockets do work good, mesh bag is good for everything except bobby pins, they'll fall through and you will have to dig them again. I also wear a small water proof bottle, (they can be found at Kmart or Wal-mart in the swimming section), around my neck to keep the car key in and I put the gold in it. Out of prying eyes. Don't use the apron, one wave will dump stuff out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
mesh bag is good for everything except bobby pins, they'll fall through and you will have to dig them again.

I use Minelab Sov GT's and Excal 1000, I never dig bobbypins........... ;D LOL................

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one from KellyCo is made very well and durable. Velcro and zip pockets. The mesh is small enough to hold earing studs. I was really supprized on how well made it was for the price. Also the mesh lets the sand fall though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the one from Kellyco, I will have had it 3 years end of this month and it is still going strong, no holes, tears and the velcro still works fine.................

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a dump pouch mounted on my Camelbak for trash and keepers go in swim shorts pocket.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
famous Treasures Sells otter box's all sizes (water proof).You can put around your neck or put on your belt. COTTON

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Treasure_Hunter said:
finderzzs said:
mesh bag is good for everything except bobby pins, they'll fall through and you will have to dig them again.

I use Minelab Sov GT's and Excal 1000, I never dig bobbypins........... ;D LOL................
Yeah but that's why you only have 4 gold so far .. LOL... :laughing3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
finderzzs said:

Yeah but that's why you only have 4 gold so far .. LOL... :laughing3:

finderzzs,

You will have to double that gold tally after today....

I found 4 more gold rings today, so that makes 8 gold rings this year.....Unfortunately I do not have the ability to hunt Hawaii like you do, I envy you....

Todays booty........

14 k ladies Aquamarine ring :thumbsup:
14 K wedding band, :thumbsup:
10 K Class ring :thumbsup:
Last, but best of all; a NICE man's 14 K diamond ring...... ;D :thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup:

Post and pictures to follow soon..............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you think I hit it so hard, I knew you were coming this weekend........................

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a side pouch with a drainage screen button in the bottom. Water can run out when I move from the deeper water back to shallow. Before I start I put in a couple of pennies and a dime along with a pull tab. If anyone asks I can show them the junk and coins. I know what I started with so it's easy to know the coins I've found. Good finds go into my bathing suit pocket.

OP
OP
F

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
A lot of interesting ideas. Thank-You! -Trying a couple different deals. Have not settled yet.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
If you put your good finds in a seperate bottle or holder, be sure you tie it to your bag or person, other wise you will be looking for a tiny floating bottle in the surf and that is no fun....

I found this out this weekend saw my tiny bottle floating by, also I got a waterproof pinpointer and had it in its case on my side and caught it just in time as it was floating and sinking. Note to self----Ideal of water pinpointer good, losing pinpointer in water not good. leave pinpointer on dry land.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I have used a cut off pant leg from a pair of jeens for years. You sow it across the bottom,put a hem on the top for a draw string. Now you cut a hole in the side for a drain. You sow a piece of screen {plastic] over the hole. I then sowed the bag to an army webbed belt. Works great. I have never lost a thing. I through everything I find in it,along with my car keys. I also have a super one. Same idea only I used a welders sleeve for the bag. Hard to sow, but it is TOUGH. As far as useing the pockets of your swim suit. Thats how all the coins we find get in the water. I have a large cigar box of car keys,I found in the water. That must realy suck, looseing your keys. Think smart guys and happy hunting. :thumbsup: Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread