What is the best way to start?

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I have been reading this forum alot lately and want to get started. Yes, you guys/gals have me hooked!

I don't have alot of money to spend on getting rolled coins and was thinking of picking up rolls of pennies here and there to get started.

Has anyone ever put in dollars into a coin machine like at a laundry place to get quarters? There is a laundry shop 3 blocks from me and was thinking of stopping and getting some quarters, maybe $5.00 from the machine.

I also only deal with 1 bank. How is that going to work out for me?

I still am confused on what to look for other than wheat pennies. I will keep on reading posts in here and probably be asking alot of questions when I can buy some rolled coins.

Sue

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Sue

In the long run Volume is the key. I don't think the guy at the laundry will appreciate you buying up his quarters.

If you have a job when you get your next paycheck, go to that bank and cash it in for 1/2 dollar coins as many as you can get if they don't have any of those buy Dimes. look for silver. Anything 1964 or older. and 1970 for the Halves. Search them and pay your bills in coin or return them to the bank and buy more.

Read the first post pinned to the top.

Good luck

Mojo

OP
OP
smurf-42

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I don't get paid for my work with a paycheck, I get paid with smiles and please and thank you's. I am a stay at home mom. Hubby paychecks are low right now, his work should be picking back up soon. I guess I will do whatever I can do to get started.

Sue

OP
OP
smurf-42

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Thanks mister! I will start with dimes. I might only be able to buy 2 rolls a week, but it is a start.

Sue

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
smurf-42
I would bet you anything that you will soon be posting about having made some great find from CRHing your two rolls of dimes!
- Grizz

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
smurf-42 said:
Thanks mister! I will start with dimes. I might only be able to buy 2 rolls a week, but it is a start.

Sue

Suzy thats no way to dive into an addiction.......... Here let me give you this first batch for free............

Mojo

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Buy coins from bank
2. Search through coins
3. Dump coins at a bank other than the one you got them from