What is the deal www.tcmetaldetectors.com??

dc426

Aug 7, 2011
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
sand shark, at pro, New CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/

My wife ordered me a 5 inch screened scoop for Christmas and it never showed up. We called just before Xmas to find out where it was. Owner stated he emailed us to say he was out of stock. We received no such email. He said he would have more in stock the Tuesday following Xmas. He said he would call and send one out ASAP. No call, no scoop, can't get them to answer phone or an email for that matter. 35 years years in the biz?? not by doing business like this! Anyone know them or what may be going on there?
DC

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure they have your correct email address or phone number. They also might have had a family emergency. Tony has always been real prompt with shipments.

wvgoofy

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2010
charleston west virgina
Detector(s) used
white's/dfx
dc426 said:
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/

My wife ordered me a 5 inch screened scoop for Christmas and it never showed up. We called just before Xmas to find out where it was. Owner stated he emailed us to say he was out of stock. We received no such email. He said he would have more in stock the Tuesday following Xmas. He said he would call and send one out ASAP. No call, no scoop, can't get them to answer phone or an email for that matter. 35 years years in the biz?? not by doing business like this! Anyone know them or what may be going on there?
DC
Last year same thing no luck. get your money back and call whites md

May 31, 2008
Lake City, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 II, Ace 250, Gold Bug 2, Fisher 1265-X, C&G Bobcat, Previously Garrett Groundhog and Bounty Hunter RB 10
Be careful! I checked the disclaimer on the site and they charge 20% of the cost on orders cancelled after 24 hours of placing the order. They also charge a 20% restocking fee on returned items. They stated they have a new address. Maybe they are in the process of moving?
Good luck to you.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm glad to see this report on here. We need to hold our suppliers to a standard. I would buy from, Barts Big Boy, Mike @ Woodlands, New England Detectors, IE explorers, or Kellyco... I would never order anything from this other guy now... These other guys I listed I have heard only good things about, and if something is wrong they will make it right, or at least the ones I haven't dealt with everyone on here says they will and thats good enough for me.... So lets spend our money where we know we will be taken care of... I getting ready to order my AT PRO from one of these guys because I trust them.......

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relicminer said:
I'm glad to see this report on here. We need to hold our suppliers to a standard. I would buy from, Barts Big Boy, Mike @ Woodlands, New England Detectors, IE explorers, or Kellyco... I would never order anything from this other guy now... These other guys I listed I have heard only good things about, and if something is wrong they will make it right, or at least the ones I haven't dealt with everyone on here says they will and thats good enough for me.... So lets spend our money where we know we will be taken care of... I getting ready to order my AT PRO from one of these guys because I trust them.......

I put an order in to New England Detectors and it arrived in Florida 3 days later. My first time ordering from them and definitely won't be the last. The fella that took my order was just as nice and helpful as he could have been. Talked for about 10 minutes about the product I was buying instead of hurrying me. I was treated right and will be back. I sure wouldn't want my name on this site as not treating people right. I was treated rudely by someone at Midwest Refineries and went to ARA a couple years ago. I told of my experience and although some people were already going to ARA (that's how I got their name) it seem like most of us started using them because they genuinely care about their customers. I think that's all we want.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with TC Metal Detectors, he has complaints on record with the BBB of Conn. Tony has a history of poor customer service and very sluggish delivery. It stems from the fact that it only part time for him out of a side building for him and he do not have enough funds to back himself and only orders when he has enough orders to warrant it. I have waited for months on orders before until I finally had enough. The one thing he does have in stock is plenty of excuses and an messaging system with plenty of tape. I will never order anything again from him, ever! BE careful with this guy or you will get burned and the sad thing is he used to be respectable 8 or so years ago.

Whitesmxt66

Dec 29, 2011
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, really want the MXT though.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is not good business at all. I don't know about dealing with them? I go to kellyco for all they seem to be on the up and up, and really nice folks too. Good luck.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always use a local dealer, Ron DeGhetto, Great customer service and he carries every major metal detector brand out there. Also, has most accessories in stock so no waiting...you pay and he ships. http://www.golddiggermetaldetectors.com

Real stand up guy...when I was in the market for a backup detector he even hooked me up with another one of his customers that was selling so I could get it for the price I wanted to pay. For that alone I give him all my business and refer anyone that is looking for a detector to him.

Good luck

NJ

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my M6 thru Tony years ago and got nothing but prompt servfice and fast delievery but that was the only time I dealt with him so can;t speak but of that one experience.
I order any White's products thru White's of New England....http://www.whitesmetaldetector.com/
and anything else thru Colonial Metal Detectors...http://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/?AffId=2. Rich at Colonial is FANTASTIC to deal with.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont understand why this dealer is NOT banned on every site he belongs too.. hes screwed over more people then good transactions.. ban him please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread