What is the FED gonna say today?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Today they will release the minutes from the latest meeting. This one is the big Jackson Hole meeting that if I remember right Bernanke was not going to attend.

The stock market is gonna drop or take off based on what they say (at least temporarily). I imagine gold and silver will do likewise.

What some pundits (PM and otherwise) say is PMs need QE to go up. This is complete nonsense. Look at what gold and silver have done over the past 2 years. During that time the QE has been going gangbusters. So if they say QE is going to be reduced somehow, does that mean PMs go to zero?

Glad to see reports of gold buying in large amounts continuing in eastern nations. Sooner or later they are going to have a hard time finding willing sellers at these or lower prices.

Maybe the powers that be have let the PMs rise a little just to hopefully find some sellers cause they need more metals for the eastern buyers?

We should know more after 2:00pm eastern time. I am thinking of selling some silver before noon today to raise some needed cash (not related to the FED meeting) but if it takes off I will wish I'd waited, but if I don't sell and it drops will wish I did. Decisions, decisions.....

Jim

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who in the world can guess these things at this point with everything that is going on! :laughing7:
I figure if it's good ole Ben, will be sliding down a slope today, but come Friday........ :laughing7:
Will Indian wedding season coming up have any impacts on the (pm)market?
I too, am looking to sell just a little(gold, for a friend), so I'm hoping for a little increase, like we been seeing.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Today they will release the minutes from the latest meeting. This one is the big Jackson Hole meeting that if I remember right Bernanke was not going to attend.

The stock market is gonna drop or take off based on what they say (at least temporarily). I imagine gold and silver will do likewise.

What some pundits (PM and otherwise) say is PMs need QE to go up. This is complete nonsense. Look at what gold and silver have done over the past 2 years. During that time the QE has been going gangbusters. So if they say QE is going to be reduced somehow, does that mean PMs go to zero?

Glad to see reports of gold buying in large amounts continuing in eastern nations. Sooner or later they are going to have a hard time finding willing sellers at these or lower prices.

Maybe the powers that be have let the PMs rise a little just to hopefully find some sellers cause they need more metals for the eastern buyers?

We should know more after 2:00pm eastern time. I am thinking of selling some silver before noon today to raise some needed cash (not related to the FED meeting) but if it takes off I will wish I'd waited, but if I don't sell and it drops will wish I did. Decisions, decisions.....

Jim

What form of silver and how much, I haven't satisfied my stackin cravin for a couple months?
I have references!

Edit... Might not have been proper for me to ask above questions, if not I apologize, I am just
always looking to build my stack and get excited when I see some silver might be for sale.
This is the only thread I check regularly and appreciate all you guys do to keep us informed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
What form of silver and how much, I haven't satisfied my stackin cravin for a couple months?
I have references!

Edit... Might not have been proper for me to ask above questions, if not I apologize, I am just
always looking to build my stack and get excited when I see some silver might be for sale.
This is the only thread I check regularly and appreciate all you guys do to keep us informed.

Thanks but I only buy and sell locally. Luckily I have a couple good local coin dealers that treat me well. I actually decided not to sell yesterday due to some unexpected funds coming in.

Jim

Last edited:

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks but I only buy and sell locally. Luckily I have a couple good local coin dealers that treat me well. I actually decided not to sell yesterday due to some unexpected funds coming in.

Jim

He won the lottery! "Unexpected funds"
Glad you didn't have to dent your stackJim.
Wicka

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
He won the lottery! "Unexpected funds"
Wicka

The odds of me getting money from the person who paid was probably about as likely as winning the lottery. So I guess I did win the lottery in a way.

Glad we broke thru $24.

Jim

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
???

I'll stick to just reading here, I refuse to be offended by insults. Have a solid rep here when it comes to paying for silver. Sorry for the intrusion, won't happen again, good luck to all.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???

I'll stick to just reading here, I refuse to be offended by insults. Have a solid rep here when it comes to paying for silver. Sorry for the intrusion, won't happen again, good luck to all.

I Don't think it was meant as an Insult on you p_ .
If I'm wrong, I can always come back & start deleting :thumbsup:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???

Pronghorn I know Jim well and all he said was, Thanks I only buy and sell locally. I think you miss read something. Charlie

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Pronghorn I know Jim well and all he said was, Thanks I only buy and sell locally. I think you miss read something. Charlie

How was anything I said an insult to Pronghorn? I don't get it. :icon_scratch:

Jim

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How was anything I said an insult to Pronghorn? I don't get it. :icon_scratch:

Jim

At first I thought what you said was aimed at Pronghorn too. But after reading it again (and knowing that you are not the type of person who would insult someone else) I realized the true meaning of what you were saying. So I understand why he was a bit confused. At first it sounded like "the person that paid" referred to Pronghorn since he would be the one who would be paying if he bought your silver. But instead, it sounds like someone else owed you money and you weren't expecting them to pay you for it so you had an unexpected windfall. Hopefully there are no hard feelings as I know you didn't intend for there to be any.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Yes TreasurePirate I was referring to a client who owed me money for work I did that was not paid and was months overdue. So I guess someone thought I went back in time and sold to Pronghorn and was complanining about him owing me money?

Unreal.

Jim

Last edited:

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes TreasurePirate I was referring to a client who owed me money for work I did that was not paid and was months overdue. So I guess someone thought I went back in time and sold to Pronghorn and was complanining about him owing me money?

Unreal.

Jim

Like I said, I misunderstood at first too. I had to read it twice to understand your meaning. You talk about someone who you were lucky to get paid by but never mentioned the fact that you were expecting payment from someone else outside of this thread. Knowing this now it is very clear to me what you meant. But at first I didn't because you left that important point out.

Anyway, I'm sure it is all fine. I'm just saying that I see where pronghorn got confused because I was equally confused at first.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck there is no way what Jim said that could be mistaken for anything else than what he said. Give me a break, Pronghorn misread it as you did also TreasurePirate69. Jim you did nothing wrong my friend, people read what they want to see and you don't need to explain yourself or even give an apology for what you wrote.

Jim. Thanks but I only buy and sell locally. Luckily I have a couple good local coin dealers that treat me well. I actually decided not to sell yesterday due to some unexpected funds coming in.

Wickaboag He won the lottery! "Unexpected funds"
Wicka

Jim The odds of me getting money from the person who paid was probably about as likely as winning the lottery. So I guess I did win the lottery in a way.

Glad we broke thru $24.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck there is no way what Jim said that could be mistaken for anything else than what he said. Give me a break, Pronghorn misread it as you did also TreasurePirate69. Jim you did nothing wrong my friend, people read what they want to see and you don't need to explain yourself or even give an apology for what you wrote.

Jim. Thanks but I only buy and sell locally. Luckily I have a couple good local coin dealers that treat me well. I actually decided not to sell yesterday due to some unexpected funds coming in.

Wickaboag He won the lottery! "Unexpected funds"
Wicka

Jim The odds of me getting money from the person who paid was probably about as likely as winning the lottery. So I guess I did win the lottery in a way.

Glad we broke thru $24.

I really don't know why you guys are making a big deal about this.... we both misread it. Clearly our interpretation was wrong. But you need to understand that Jim started talking about getting paid by some guy that up to that point hadn't been mentioned in the conversation. So it is natural for someone to be confused. Who would he not be getting paid by? Is it someone in this thread? It came completely out of left field.

For what it's worth, I read it like this originally:

"The odds of me getting money from the person is probably about as likely as winning the lottery."

What person? Some totally unknown person who hasn't been mentioned in the conversation before or someone who just offered to sell Jim silver who he subsequently turned down because he only likes to deal locally? This is exactly what someone would say who was worried about shipping silver off and not getting the money back in return.

Sorry guys, but two of us read it wrong. That's no coincidence. And it's also no big deal. I'm certainly more than happy to let it go. Jim did nothing wrong and I never said he did. It was just a misunderstanding. A reasonable misunderstanding...

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
I Don't think it was meant as an Insult on you p_ .
If I'm wrong, I can always come back & start deleting :thumbsup:
e

I apologize to all here.

I am a bit of hermit, sometimes I don't read or comprehend like normal people do and fly of the handle, I sincerely regret any misunderstandings I caused.

I live in the great American outback, not a coinshop within 150 miles, I get my silver in random lucky strikes, much like a prospector, and get worked up when
I see someone is selling. I have made a couple purchases from tnet sellers and thought I was being insulted. I now see how it was me and my backward
ways that caused this little tiff. I enjoy and respect you guys posts and advice and will continue to read all you posst. I am on time out from posting again for
awhile.
Good Luck to all!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
e

I apologize to all here.

I am a bit of hermit, sometimes I don't read or comprehend like normal people do and fly of the handle, I sincerely regret any misunderstandings I caused.

I live in the great American outback, not a coinshop within 150 miles, I get my silver in random lucky strikes, much like a prospector, and get worked up when
I see someone is selling. I have made a couple purchases from tnet sellers and thought I was being insulted. I now see how it was me and my backward
ways that caused this little tiff. I enjoy and respect you guys posts and advice and will continue to read all you posst. I am on time out from posting again for
awhile.
Good Luck to all!

No Time out Needed imo :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread