What is the key to the eagle?

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
my niece and i were THing at her family's hunting camp in upstate PA. it looked very promising, (is a very old house with the tell-tale old stone foundation) but found only trash except for this one item we dug about 4" by where the old outhouse was. we think its very cool looking, but have no idea at all what it is. thanks for looking!! we may also post this on "what is it" and will try to post a picture after cleaning.

Attachments

• birds eye view of eagle.jpg
    birds eye view of eagle.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 470
  • Eagle-close up.jpg
    Eagle-close up.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 481
Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a hood ornament to a car.

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
could be a fancy top to a hitching post .Slide the reighn in thru the slot and the knot would hold it thee ,just a theory

OP
OP
B

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
bradgny said:
could be a fancy top to a hitching post .Slide the reighn in thru the slot and the knot would hold it thee ,just a theory
thanks for the thought, i don't think the slot is wide enough to fit reigns in. i appreciate your help!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
There used to be a thermometer where the slot is, I think it is radiator cap from a Pierce Arrow automobile.......NGE

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
notgittinenny said:
There used to be a thermometer where the slot is, I think it is radiator cap from a Pierce Arrow automobile.......NGE
Agreed......."Motometer"

OP
OP
B

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
jopher said:
notgittinenny said:
Agreed......."Motometer"
thanks to notgittinenny and jopher, after i cleaned it (it looks worse now than before) i can see the marks on either side of where the thermometer was. its nice to "know" people who know!

OP
OP
B

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
plehbah said:
Have you considered that it may be the long lost hood ornament for the hospital bed of the indefatigable Howard Hughes?
that would be nice, it might then be valuable to some weird someone?!

OP
OP
B

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
xGregx said:
Could that be a flag pole topper for like a house or for inside a classroom?
thanks for the idea, but i think the hints about the motometer are correct, since i can see the marks on either side of the "keyhole" type slot for the thermometer. i did find this summer what i think is a flagpole finnial eagle. found it in a creek bed :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread