What is the most amount of boxes you have ordered from your bank at once?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the most amount of boxes of halves you have ordered from your bank at once?

Hey everyone, just curious if anyone has more than the golden number of 2 boxes of Halves ordered from any of your pick up banks. I use 1 Bank several branches and order 2 boxes from each, I have 1 branch that the teller is very cool ( I;ve talked about her before, I bring her in an IKE dollar every so often that she collects) and she has allways asked me if I wanted to order more halves, I allways keep it at 2 boxes a week, but I can afford to search more boxes a week now ( I'm doing 6 boxes a week, but want to do 10 to 12 now) so wasn't sure if 4 a week from them would shut me down frrom corporate or not. Let me know guys, Thanks, Maverick.

I'm just wondering about upping the order on that 1 Branch of the bank, btw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I had a bank very very rude to me, so I went to one of my pickup banks that had messed up on there coinage and ordered too many penny boxes. Long story short I was able to get 7 boxes of cents, so I could open them, and the next day drive to my new dump bank, and cash in the coin since they were too good to order me boxes there :)

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav, interesting topic!
The most boxes I ever order was... ZERO!
I've never ordered a box before, always just walk in, and ask for boxes, they are there so why order in my opinion :P
Sorry about the uhm.. Lameness I guess xD
Wicka!

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 boxes of pennies, but I got cut off from those branches so I just do 5 at a time now.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I was contemplating the same thing. I think two is the safe play but like you I have a branch that is brand new and very slow. One teller I particular is extremely nice and not only says I can order more than two boxs but she said I can dump as well. I told her how I don't want to dump where I pick up but she keeps insisting that it is fine...... I not gonna dump there but I was thinking of getting four boxs..... Like you I want to do more boxs but it seems like Thursday is every banks delivery day and I work Thursday's so I STRUGGLE to get to two banks. If I could get more at one bank that would make things easier, not to mention its not uncomfortable at theis branch like it is at the others.....what do some of the vets think?

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny I was contemplating the same thing. I think two is the safe play but like you I have a branch that is brand new and very slow. One teller I particular is extremely nice and not only says I can order more than two boxs but she said I can dump as well. I told her how I don't want to dump where I pick up but she keeps insisting that it is fine...... I not gonna dump there but I was thinking of getting four boxs..... Like you I want to do more boxs but it seems like Thursday is every banks delivery day and I work Thursday's so I STRUGGLE to get to two banks. If I could get more at one bank that would make things easier, not to mention its not uncomfortable at theis branch like it is at the others.....what do some of the vets think?

Pick them up on Friday morning?

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other

you should do what i do, get 4 boxes AND take a dump y0

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My pick up days vary, 1 branch is tuesdays 1 is wednesday 1 is thursday and 1 is friday and the friday branch is 2 boxes every 2 weeks, so I'm going to fill that spot with 1 more branch everyother week. It is a lot of running around so I thought if I could get 4 from the tuesday branch every week it would be easy to bag that dump and deposit it on thursday. I always think that I would get a better shot at the good box that we allways think got away if I order 4 instead of 2 from this branch.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
My pick up days vary, 1 branch is tuesdays 1 is wednesday 1 is thursday and 1 is friday and the friday branch is 2 boxes every 2 weeks, so I'm going to fill that spot with 1 more branch everyother week. It is a lot of running around so I thought if I could get 4 from the tuesday branch every week it would be easy to bag that dump and deposit it on thursday. I always think that I would get a better shot at the good box that we allways think got away if I order 4 instead of 2 from this branch.

I'm happy with 1 keeper per a box. keeps me going..

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick them up on Friday morning?
Yea, I just don't want to leave them sitting around. But I'm sure it would be fine, lol.
you should do what i do, get 4 boxes AND take a dump y0
LOL!

yea, I just need to start working my schedule out to maximize efficiency. I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Lol, you have to create this whole little network. I have two banks with tons of branches but I may open a third at chase just so I can spread it out even more

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea, I just don't want to leave them sitting around. But I'm sure it would be fine, lol.

LOL!

yea, I just need to start working my schedule out to maximize efficiency. I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Lol, you have to create this whole little network. I have two banks with tons of branches but I may open a third at chase just so I can spread it out even more

Yup, schedual is the key. definetly increasing the bank roll is a big factor too. I've only been doing 4-6 boxes a week with a grand, lots of dumps each week and rerolling. More money equals maybe 1 day of dumping and a few days of pick ups. It;s the dumping 3 days a week that was killing me.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Allright guys, going to sleep now, first day back at school tomorrow for my son so gotta get up early. I'll checkin after I'm done working tomorrow night and see if some of the Vets have checked in, Night Night, Maverick.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
4 boxes of cents. I've asked those banks if I could get more originally, but they don't have the vault space apparently to hold more than 4, which is fine, because being able to order 4 boxes of cents whenever I need them is extremely nice.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 pushed the limit at one of my pickup banks, they told me, "two is plenty", so now i order 2 boxes of halves a week as well as 2 boxes of dimes. the tellers don't mind bringing out dime boxes since they are the lightest of all denominations.
hh
buff

i did however pick up a new bank a few weeks ago that ordered me 3 half dollar boxes no problem when i walked into the bank, and i never been to that branch before! :)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up 4 boxes weekly at one of my pickup banks, been picking up 4 at that bank for about 9 months. The rest I pick up 1-2. On vacation this summer I picked up 6 boxes at two different banks out of town, 12 total. Almost all of them were skunks lol. 6 is the most I have ever done from one branch in one pickup.

Additionally..

At my 4 box regular pickup, I had a week that kicked ass big time, the same week as the 120 keeper dream box. The 4 boxes produced something like 30 keepers. I went back on Saturday and asked off hand if they had any more from that batch. The teller said that one of the other "coin people" stopped coming in so I could have his halves. Another 4 boxes produced 11 more keepers. Theoretically I could have picked up 8 boxes that day.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I had a bank very very rude to me, so I went to one of my pickup banks that had messed up on there coinage and ordered too many penny boxes. Long story short I was able to get 7 boxes of cents, so I could open them, and the next day drive to my new dump bank, and cash in the coin since they were too good to order me boxes there :)

Lol yeah I do the same. "Oh you want to be a jerk about ordering? Enjoy the dumps"

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up 6 boxes of halves from one branch once a week. That's it. They would give me more, but their vault space is limited. I'm envious of you people who can go to multiple branches - you must have sales or delivery jobs where you're in your car all day. I can only get to a bank on Fridays when they're open late and my office is closed.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I have one branch that orders 4 boxes of halves each week. I went to a different branch and asked the manager about ordering asking if 4 boxes was too much. He said I could order "half a million" if I wanted, so I upped to 8 that are due in tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread