What is the oddest thing in your collection?

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been known to find, buy or collect odd things, including a lot of over 200 Catholic religious medals, but what is the oddest/weirdest thing in your collection? Mine may actually be something that came in a lot from an auction that I picked up this afternoon. The lot was 2 myrtlewood boxes that had some "stuff" in them. It looked like pot pouri and odd little stuff. The bigger of the 2 boxes had the object pictured below in it. It is about 3/4 inch square by about 5 inches long. If you can't read the tag, it says "Piece of London Motor Bus Struck by Zeppelin bomb. Sept 8th 1915, 16 Killed." The tag itself is a business card from England during that time frame.

20210119_154920.jpg

Sam Holden

Sep 26, 2020
NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy cow that is so freaking awesome!!!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a gold ring at my sons house that was made by a jeweler who died on the Titanic .

Sam Holden

Sep 26, 2020
NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Love when you can find something that has known history to it

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is definitely the weirdest thing I have. I do not know why I even keep it. image.jpg Donald Duck bobble head head.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Edward the 1st silver penny. c. 1282-9

26BD7C72-9266-47DB-A1D4-809D6227C0E4.jpeg

What makes it odd is that I did not find it, buy it or trade for it. YEARS ago when the Internet had first crawled out of the sea there was a detecting website. A poster in England showed an image of this coin and I responded that it must be incredible to live where such things were possible. I was the only person that commented on the thread. We did some back-and-forth comments and I kind of forgot about it. Some time later it showed in in my mailbox! He had hunted me down through mutual friends on that site and found my address. As I recall I sent him back an AU "Mercury" dime from my paper-route days and a giant "Thank You!"

Warms my heart every time I look at it.

The buckle on my finds beltpack also came from a fellow in England. He needed a mainspring to an original Colt 1851 Revolver and could not find or import one. I sourced one, bought it and sent it to him ("Sample leaf spring" - no value" on the package). He sent this back.

8FCCBC3A-685C-42AC-B4AF-21B4EE339344_1_105_c.jpeg

Warm fuzzies and friends never met.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions