What is this about the Spear of Destiny?

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Speedee!! Can you only imagine if it were true?? Wonder what else might be down there!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just another JOKE done to get ratings up. If they did find it , it would be world news from day 1, Not even the History Channel could hold it back. Get real if they found anything of great historical value it would be best to go public from day one for TV ratings. It would be GREAT if they did but what are the odds.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is just another JOKE done to get ratings up. If they did find it , it would be world news from day 1, Not even the History Channel could hold it back. Get real if they found anything of great historical value it would be best to go public from day one for TV ratings. It would be GREAT if they did but what are the odds.

Of course, as you know, there are at least 4 other "Spears of Destiny", just like there are several "Holy Grails".

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Thats it, No Spear and no 115 artifacts given to the Museum, They just found a old tunnel made from past digs. If they had dug in the swamp they would have more to show. Now we wait :BangHead:

OP
OP
S

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Thats it, No Spear and no 115 artifacts given to the Museum, They just found a old tunnel made from past digs. If they had dug in the swamp they would have more to show. Now we wait :BangHead:

That was all filmed this summer. Forget the rumors they haven't even entered the chamber yet. That will be done this Spring if they are actually telling the truth on the show.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The poor centurian assigned the crummy duty of watching a Jew die over days out in the weather (a soldied named Longinus according to a 4th century text) would have had a pretty simple pilum or verutum spear. Will be interesting to see what crummy iron relic, if any, they produce to be the Spear of Destiny. Whether it has a better providence than the other six or seven claimants floating around currently will depend on the miracles it yields.

OP
OP
S

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie,

If you read Pulitzer's post he said yes a spear was produced but was furious that the Canadian legislator called it the spear of destiny. He said it was a spear that is not endogenous to the island and very old. No one associated with the Oak Island search claimed it was the spear of destiny.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Charlie,

If you read Pulitzer's post he said yes a spear was produced but was furious that the Canadian legislator called it the spear of destiny. He said it was a spear that is not endogenous to the island and very old. No one associated with the Oak Island search claimed it was the spear of destiny.

Pulitzer? Can you link that?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just went to the link at the thread starter here ("Free Online Press").

Life is too short to seek out Pulitzer's blog.

I was just commenting on what any proposed "Sword of Destiny" ought to look like in case one of the divers came up with it sticking out of his . . . buoyancy compensator.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I am just trying to make sense of the posts here. that free press release by austinrichard77 says Denise Peterson-Rafuse made the announcement to the legislature. If that is true is sounds pretty official - has anyone truth checked that part? Google only brings up more copies of that same verbiage from austin. looks like a fraud report.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm impressed. I take back some of my unfavorable comments. All I know of him is what I saw while I was watching the Curse of Oak Island series and he may have been portrayed poorly; even though some of the "jumps" he stated connecting the eight-pointed petroglyph to the Middle Eastern solar disk was a thin bridge indeed. I don't recall now if the Scottish grain pillars = corn connection involved him.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
More than likely the spear was just an instrument used for hunting.

It was stated that hunters liked to go hunting on Oak Island for deer that swam over to the island and then were easy prey to corner.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spear of Destiny Swastika Wreath Logo - Occult History of the Third Reich.png

In the early 20th century, the spear was briefly in the possession of Kaiser Wilhelm II, before eventually ending up the Hofburg Treasure House in Vienna.
It was there, in September of 1912, where Adolf Hitler first laid his eyes upon it...
'I knew with immediacy that this was an important moment in my life... I stood there quietly gazing upon it for several minutes, quite oblivious to the scene around me. It seemed to carry some hidden inner meaning which evaded me, a meaning which I felt I inwardly knew, yet could not bring to consciousness... I felt as though I myself had held it in my hands before in some earlier century of history - that I myself had once claimed it as my talisman of power and held the destiny of the world in my hands. What sort of madness was this that was invading my mind and creating such turmoil in my breast ?
Adolf Hitler acquired the Spear, in the name of the Third Reich, on March 12th, 1938, the day he annexed Austria.
It was shipped via an armoured SS train to Nuremberg on October 13th, (the same date that the Knights Templar were destroyed centuries earlier), where it remained for six years in St. Catherine's Church, before being moved to an underground vault for protection. During the final days of the war in Europe, at 2:10 PM on April 30 th, 1945, Lt. Walter William Horn, serial number 01326328, of the United States 7th Army, took possession of the Spear in the name of the United States government The Occult History of the Third Reich: The Spear of Destiny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread