449.9 KB · Views: 67

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's big! 28" high with the dome, 39" long, 22" deep. Made out of wood, metal and what looks like leather. Wheels on the bottom. No key, no drawers. Made by Crouch & Fitzgerald in NYC. Is that a good company? What is this trunk's value? Thanks for any help!
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to WHAT'S IT WORTH? for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Started in 1839. Very known, reputable company. Similar trunks by the company are $1000 to $2500. That is full retail, from what I saw. I would have it authenticated as to maker and age. That will weigh heavily in establishing the value. Looks like a nice piece. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

JanaMarie

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2023
Started in 1839. Very known, reputable company. Similar trunks by the company are $1000 to $2500. That is full retail, from what I saw. I would have it authenticated as to maker and age. That will weigh heavily in establishing the value. Looks like a nice piece. Good luck.
That is helpful, thank you!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone offers you $100 bucks or more... take it.

here is link to one that just sold on Ebay.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone offers you $100 bucks or more... take it.

here is link to one that just sold on Ebay.
It didn't sell. They relisted it for $200. and it seems it didn't sell for that. Selling a trunk that size online seems ridiculous to me, unless it was maybe an old one made by Louis Vuitton. I do see big old steamer trunks in the thrift stores rather frequently with prices around $50 to $80. They do move at those prices. I think it best you take to an antique furniture store and see what they believe it could be worth?

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It didn't sell. They relisted it for $200. and it seems it didn't sell for that. Selling a trunk that size online seems ridiculous to me, unless it was maybe an old one made by Louis Vuitton. I do see big old steamer trunks in the thrift stores rather frequently with prices around $50 to $80. They do move at those prices. I think it best you take to an antique furniture store and see what they believe it could be worth?
Steamers are and always have been around me a dime a dozen and a pain in the arse.
They sell for 50 bucks... sheesh you can buy lane cedar trunks if patient for that same price.
Just saw one of the coolest nicest Lane's sell for 35 at Flea market 2 weeks ago... in immaculate condition i might add.
No shortage of either OR any antiques round here.
Problem is selling it.

OP
OP
J

JanaMarie

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2023
I figured that the sheer size of it would make it hard to sell, most people don't have room for something like that in their home. Good idea to check with the local antique stores to see if anyone is looking for this kind of thing. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: ARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread