What is this? NJ original seal medallion or medal?

Paigequinn16

May 26, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently given a medal/medallion/necklace of some sort? It was found metal detecting here in Virginia I believe. I live on the Lee's Retreat Battlefield but I dont think it was found right here?
It is a silver dollars size. It seems to be lead or iron or something I am not sure. It is corroding and flaking so I haven't tried to clean it to prevent any further damage.
From what I can make out, the front of it is the New Jersey state seal. I've researched that and it seems to be what was the original design? No helmet and at the bottom where it says "Liberty and Prosperity" there is no year date. There are some other differences as well. On the back, however, I have no clue...it seems to be soldiers standing with guns and a flag. I can make out the letters "REVIEWS" at the bottom but there are a couple letters before that and I cant read them.
If anyone has any idea as to what this is and I am literally going insane trying to figure it out. Please help!
IMG_20180525_222230.jpg IMG_20180525_222214.jpg

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the words on the back are "In Review". But, that's all I have. I think it may have been attached to a ribbon. Maybe a reunion medal from one of the wars?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread