What is this strange totem faced creamer pourer thingy

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Saw this at a thrift store and thought it was pretty cool. Really just bought it because I liked it (ok and thought it might be valuable). Priced at 50 cents it was a no brainer. No makers marks or any info on the bottom aside from the permanent (doh, hate they do that) marker price.

While checking out the lady said "Wow you got a nice little lucky charm here, someone certainly didn't know what this was when they priced it"

Didn't want to push my luck and ask more, however what the heck is it.

My google searching for Native American, Creamer, Pourer, cup, etc. has been fruitless.

Any Ideas of leads on where I could do more digging?. Thought I'd give it a whirl here before posting in the What Is It forum.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170915_132214.jpg
    20170915_132214.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170915_132219.jpg
    20170915_132219.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20170915_132225.jpg
    20170915_132225.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 91

Heavington

Sep 6, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wrote on the item itself? The age of some of the items there aside, why would anyone want a permanent price tag on their, well, anything? It just doesn't make sense.

As for what it is... maybe a toucan thingy? maybe a caricature of some sort?

wassermj

Apr 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search Ebay for totem creamer. Not a lot of value. It came with other pieces that were stackable. As far as the writing underneath, some rubbing alcohol will take that right off and shouldn't do any damage to the surface.

OP
OP
BobinSouthVA

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Search Ebay for totem creamer. Not a lot of value. It came with other pieces that were stackable. As far as the writing underneath, some rubbing alcohol will take that right off and shouldn't do any damage to the surface.

Cool Thanks, didn't put that combination together in my search. all my searches kept coming up with the lady who killed herself with the pressurized creamer thing.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They wrote on the item itself? The age of some of the items there aside, why would anyone want a permanent price tag on their, well, anything? It just doesn't make sense.

As for what it is... maybe a toucan thingy? maybe a caricature of some sort?

Unfortunately it is a trend at a lot of thrift shops. Usually it is that nasty grease pencil they use, and they don't care what they use it on. Porous, non-porous, valuable items or true junk - it matters not to them.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first glance I thought Shaving Mug, but no place to set the brush.. SO, I'd say a totem theme Coffee cup and that is about it.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would look towards Alaska or the Pacific Northwest.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread