Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
;D Got one just like it,but it's new.hard to see some of them coin dates after 40years of age.I even carry it in my pouch when i hunt.Nice finds.HH

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I am almost certain a slide goes in the open side (open allowing the light to come through the back and allow for easier viewing through the lens). Similar to the concept of those things we had as kids where it had a circular cardboard disk with frames and you'd look thorough the two lenses and advance the frame with an up and down "trigger" -- anyone remember what they were called. Nice finds with the other things you mentioned too.

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Oops. Never follow Buckram. Kind of like following Sinatra on stage. Didn't know it had been IDed already.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bergie said:
Oops. Never follow Buckram. Kind of like following Sinatra on stage. Didn't know it had been IDed already.
HA-HA-HA-HA-That's funny Bergie,you gotta love that Buckram!Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

smhead

Greenie
Oct 12, 2004
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know them as "loupes", magnifiers we used in the graphic arts back in typesetting days and still use for checking press proofs and doing press checks when printing. It is set to be focused on the surface of whatever you place it on (like a sheet of paper) so inserting a slide in it would make the slide out of focus. They are used to look at slides and photo negatives on a light table also.

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The answer to Bergie's question is "ViewMaster".

Kent

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show's what you guys know, that is a commercial ant burner, very uncommon as ant burning didn't pay all that well back then, just glad I can help. Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions