what is this

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
the links below are about this pic, that may be or may not be a body, i dont think it is a
body,im wondering what the thing is that ive drawn a line under, looks familiar, could it be
some kind of equipment for marine/boat or just trash

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/natale...-photographed-missing-teens/story?id=10147845

A Pennsylvania couple on a snorkeling vacation in Aruba believes they inadvertently photographed what may be the skeletal remains of Natalee Holloway, an Alabama high school student who went missing on the Caribbean island five years ago.

The underwater photograph of the sea floor depicts a rough outline the couple believes resemble a human skeleton, according to the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era, which first published the photo on Thursday.

pic link for the pic i posted
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/18/couple-believes-underwater-photo-natalee-holloway-remains/

Attachments

• body and pole thing.jpg
    body and pole thing.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 587

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a round tapered bar type item of some type -- it has a striped look to it maybe it was used to weight the body down with at one time?

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
It doesn't look like skeletal remains to me. I think it's just a rock formation. As far as the linear object with stripes? No clue.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
My immediate reaction was a banded sea snake which would be quite a photo being that they are endemic to the Indo-Pacific region. Doesn't mean that species haven't migrated via the Panama canal or other means before, but unlikely.

fiji-austraila.1140052260.00000087.jpg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I saw the interview with thw woman that took the picture. She said it was a sea snake. That was the object of her picture.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sea snake would be quite newsworthy and a very good reason to photograph it. But looking at the tapered tail and rigid body, I'm second guessing my original instinct and going with the common reef lizardfish.

reeflizardfish4s.jpg

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Snake eel, quite common fish in shallow waters and usually called "sea snake" by tourists in the caribbean.

OldGold74

Jul 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Fisher/Aquapulse
Agreed Lizard fish but dont see the body, let me have another 10 beers and look again....

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:
The "Sand Diver" is a common name for the Lizardfish that I mentioned above.

yes Lizardfish i agree thanks again, no skeleton, i see a bunch of rocks and coral

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread