What is traveling in your house wires?

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I think more than electricity.I really believe there are experiments being done with the power grid.Something is being injected into the power lines and exiting out of light sources such as your porch light.I believe there is also a technology related to this with something traveling with the suns light.I believe company's are conducting experiments also to see if data can be sent on a standard 120volt house plug.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think more than electricity.I really believe there are experiments being done with the power grid.Something is being injected into the power lines and exiting out of light sources such as your porch light.I believe there is also a technology related to this with something traveling with the suns light.I believe company's are conducting experiments also to see if data can be sent on a standard 120volt house plug.

There were efforts made to adapt cable TV signals to run over power lines, however there
was so much EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) created that the idea was dropped.

Only thing on your power lines SR should be 120v @ 60Hz, and if you actually think
there is additional information being sent on the line, then I suggest you hire a
tech to come out with a spectrum analyzer and run a check of everything that is
running along with the AC current. If there is anything there, it will show on the
analyzer.

BTW, light sockets make lousy antennas.

Let go your paranoia SR...nothing on that power grid can harm you unless
you go around grabbing hot wires or from tossing your plugged-in toaster in
the bath while your in it.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh now I get where "Trip To the Light Fantastic" comes from.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

Do not talk directly into those two holes. Or use those child proof covers you have to out wit them

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Technology for send/receive data on power lines has been around for years. Mostly used in building automation systems sending DC signals on AC lines. As for spying on citizens the concept would have been thought impossible before the super-computers. What kind of power is needed to monitor our phone calls? I know I won't be spied on though because I'm just not that interesting and I don't know any secrets. Except of course where the Finn treasure is.

treidm

Mar 10, 2013
Leavenworth, Kansas
Detector(s) used
~MineLab Explorer XS~
~10.5” DD, 8" Concentric~
~Sun Ray X-1 Target Probe~
~GreyGhost Nugget Buster NDT~
~ML XT 18000 - 10" Elliptical DD~
~Lesche Tools & Brunton 15TDCL Compass~
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technology for send/receive data on power lines has been around for years. Mostly used in building automation systems sending DC signals on AC lines. As for spying on citizens the concept would have been thought impossible before the super-computers. What kind of power is needed to monitor our phone calls? I know I won't be spied on though because I'm just not that interesting and I don't know any secrets. Except of course where the Finn treasure is.

DC in presence of AC is used, but data is not sent. It may be used to actuate a valve for instrumentation systems etc.
Data communication lines must be kept at distance from power cabling due to the EMF interference.
Extra twists are even required in Data lines to help combat this problem.

Most DC in controls is not generated, but is AC that has gone through a full bridge (Diode) rectifier with a capacitor. It is actually pulsating DC
Removing the Bottom half cycle in the sine wave, then the capacitor charges and fires to fill in the missing half cycle.
Pulsating DC Symbol.jpg

It is most useful due to being able to control movements and speed in motors by just adjusting voltage up and down, where AC will cause start winding to drop out. The way around that is with a Frequency drive which raises and lowers the Hz without changing the voltage, but they are expensive.
Woodworkers like DC Lathes for this reason, no need for different belts to change the ratio.

Current data is sent up to about 340 MHz max for now, even though giga speed cabling is sold, nothing currently can transmit at that level. The only thing with almost unlimited bandwidth would be Optical Fiber. For now I'm aware of no way to transmit data on a power line.

T. Reid Marcum
IBEW LU 1925
Union Journeyman Wireman/Nuclear Test Tech

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I could have used control rather than data. Your considering date as 1&0's. The only system I was involved was a Carrier. Their system was probably, if memory serves, an on/off automation system. A signal of this type might be used to power up a device incorporated in something like a TV. Maybe an idea like the magic bullet cable uses.(an analogy) As long as isolation could be achieved such as optical. An engineer would probably want something that could be hard t hack. Good old epoxy encapsulation.
It just doesn't seem that far out as far as design goes and before the NSA decided hacking phones was a good idea I didn't think anyone would bother.
Just a few years ago the only thing stopping abandoning the twisted pair was having to dig up everyone's backyard to install fiber. I never thought a twisted pair could do what it does today. My first modem was like 300 baud. Fiber might still happen if people insist on security.
I had one of the sat systems once and they were insisting I should hook a land line to their receiver. I would get messages on screen instructing me to hook up. I figured they might want to collect information on my choices. After awhile they stopped asking.
What's not possible today is in stores tomorrow.

SMW LU49
Signatory Contractor

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually, if I was in SR's state-of-mind I wouldn't be concerned about
"them" sending data over power lines.

Why? Any civilization (ancient, alien or ?) that is technologically advanced
enough to accomplish mind control via copper wire would not choose that
option, but instead would simply radiate/transmit the info into open air over
broad sections of space at a time.

They would likely use a wavelength either too low, or too high for current
human technology to measure. Something in the Terahertz range, or
even a pulsing optical wavelength.

Whattayathink SR?

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Everyone in my house is OK - we all wear aluminium foil hats.
They give great protection but drive my MD crazy???

:laughing7:

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, if I was in SR's state-of-mind I wouldn't be concerned about
"them" sending data over power lines.

Why? Any civilization (ancient, alien or ?) that is technologically advanced
enough to accomplish mind control via copper wire would not choose that
option, but instead would simply radiate/transmit the info into open air over
broad sections of space at a time.

They would likely use a wavelength either too low, or too high for current
human technology to measure. Something in the Terahertz range, or
even a pulsing optical wavelength.

Whattayathink SR?

To me it was just an exercise in possibilities. I agree the power lines would be too ez to sabotage if someone thought they were being hacked. This mornings paper, the FBI admitted they had used drones on Americans. What I thought was ridiculous was he basically said just a tiny bit. Like a tiny bit pregnant?
We'll have to wait to see what context they were used if we ever find out.
There are people in agencies that find our freedoms a pain. Like the cop when you say you want a lawyer. The other is this pesky voting thing.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Mind control over copper wires? Its called TV. That's why the shows are called Programs. Who's up for a big mac!

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called other things too! DSM covers it all!!!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread