WHAT is your favoite bug repellant for TICKS & CHIGGERS and other nasty critters?

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Deet is awful stuff but very effective. A double secret probation load of it on my clothes and Im good. Don't want it on my skin. When I was in the jungles of India we would put Vicks Vaporub on our skin to keep the leeches off. That worked very well. Those that used it got zero leeches and those that didn't all got leeches. I would think the same for ticks? Haven't tried it. I don't get to tick country much. I do know in California it is pretty offensive smelling to the Liberal Democrats Gets them moving.

Are the Liberal Demoncraps leeches or ticks? I'll do whatever I can to offend them.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
creskol, I use Permethrin wash treatment for my clothing and 90-100% DEET pump sprayed on all open skin surfaces. I've had better results with the pump spray over the aerosol cans. I'm lucky I have access to Permethrin P-40, Government agencies and the military use this, its a wash treatment for your clothing. I also spray the detector down with Permethrin or equivalent and the detector is also placed in a plastic Christmas tree storage box that has been sprayed and also has a small hand towel sprayed inside this. I was surprised to see how many Ticks and other unwanted insects came home on my detector.
Good Luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry a photo of my second wife safety-pinned to my detecting vest. I guess blood suckers observe professional courtesies, because I have never been bitten or stung. :skullflag:

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they had a laundry detergent .

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or those dryer sheets that come in the little box - with Deet .

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tea Tree Oil, mixed in a spray bottle with a little water. Its all natural, so you can put it on your skin. I use this in the woods, and haven't had a tick or mosquito on me since. Spray your pant cuffs, shirt cuffs, on your neck, arms, forehead, anywhere you want to. It is the best repellent I have ever used. Tea Tree Oil can be purchased at almost any health food store, or online.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perinthin but not on the skin if you spray it on your clothes it will still work several times after you wash them then the off on your skin 5 deet

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apple cider vinegar in small spray bottle. Deet is the poison in wood preservative. Not healthy.

That's what I use as well. All natural and no poison seeping into your skin.
-DH-

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tea Tree Oil, mixed in a spray bottle with a little water. Its all natural, so you can put it on your skin. I use this in the woods, and haven't had a tick or mosquito on me since. Spray your pant cuffs, shirt cuffs, on your neck, arms, forehead, anywhere you want to. It is the best repellent I have ever used. Tea Tree Oil can be purchased at almost any health food store, or online.

I'll have to give that a try. Probably smells better than the Apple Cider Vinegar.
-DH-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread