What is your lowest mintage wheat cent from CRH?

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until a few moments ago I could say I had found 7 of the top ten, missing only the 1909S VDB,the 1914D and the 1931S. Just a few moments ago I found a 1909S VDB. My hands are still shaking and the camera battery is dead but as soon as it charges up I'll post a pic and tell the rest of the story. :blob7:

OP
OP
Yinzi50

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waseeker said:
Until a few moments ago I could say I had found 7 of the top ten, missing only the 1909S VDB,the 1914D and the 1931S. Just a few moments ago I found a 1909S VDB. My hands are still shaking and the camera battery is dead but as soon as it charges up I'll post a pic and tell the rest of the story. :blob7:
Wow,I thought that's impossible a while ago. Major congrats! Envy your west coasters!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I went to buy some silver from a guy who posted an ad on my local classifieds, and he had some cents too. So I got about $500 bucks worth of silver, already priced under melt, and I begin looking at the cents, I had four I was interrested in, one BU clipped planchet(missing the date, so all I know is it was in the 60's), one 1909 vdb, and (2) 1924-d's in decent shape, (Im thinking Fine or better). He tried to give them to me, and I said well, here is $20 bucks... (neither one of us were to sure about what they were worth.). I asked a dealer a while back, and he said he would pay $50 bucks a piece for both the 24-d's So I did pretty good... So I didnt find them CRH'ing, or maybe that was.... I was coin hunting for sure.... does this count? -He did try giving them to me for free.. (btw-I have learned now, when someone offers something for free, you take it, no questions asked, w/smile on face).

Happy hunting everyone.

Chris.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waseeker said:

Note that for the forum tracking list that I used to keep that the 1909-S VDB was the only wheat penny that had been not marked as found.

This forum has now found a complete set of wheat pennies from circulation. It is possible.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GMan00001 said:
waseeker said:

Note that for the forum tracking list that I used to keep that the 1909-S VDB was the only wheat penny that had been not marked as found.

This forum has now found a complete set of wheat pennies from circulation. It is possible.

btw, thanks for keeping that tracking list. I enjoyed seeing the updates and contributed a few finds to it. I'm still in shock over the S-VDB, but just got a new battery for my camera and will post the entire story on a new post.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waseeker, Congrats on that 1909-S VDB :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Have your hands stopped shaking yet? ;D Nice going!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Yinzi50 said:
waseeker said:
Wow,I thought that's impossible a while ago. Major congrats! Envy your west coasters!

The best finds are usually in the NE.

OP
OP
Yinzi50

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sagittarius98 said:
Yinzi50 said:
waseeker said:

The best finds are usually in the NE.
NE found more silver than any other part of the country for sure. But in the sense of wheat cent collecting, West Coasters have the advantage. Just looking at the top 20 listed above, only one of them is p-mint and the mintage is big enough for west coasters to find in their home area. If any one is able to complete a set of wheat cents from circulation, that person will be from west coast. East coasters also have problem to complete a set of Jeffersons from circulation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread