**What is your most liked coin?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
id have to say mercs are my favorite. they have the most beautiful design on them that the us gov. has ever minted.( in my opinion).then walkers would be second.then buffalo nickels. im talking silver coins not gold!

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Buffalo's because the look and meaning, the War Nickles because of the History and silver, the Walkers for the looks and the silver same with the Silver Eagles and Mercs.

Keep @ it and HH!!

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I like the really old ones, from the early 1800's, shield nickels, 2 cents, silver 3 cents, etc...Also british coppers from the 1700's.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm rather fond of seated liberty coins.

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
I have always liked Merc's. My dad had a big jar of them on his dresser when I was a kid.

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
For me it would be easier to name the ones I dont like as there are so many beautys over the yrs. The one that really gets me is the Susan B. and the Ike. The potrait of Ike and Susan are fine, it's the buzzard on the back thats supposed to be an eagle. If an eagle that looked like that flew into this area the resident eagles would probably beat the tar out of it for being an insult to the species. If that ugly lookin thing landed in my yard I'd shoot it. Come on, the designer must have been the winner of a grade school contest! I look at that buzzard lookin thing and compare it to one on the Walker half and I have to just grin. Attachment is one I recently did, I dont know if it's any good but I know it does'nt look like a buzzard.

Attachments

• eagle fin. 7-2005.jpg
    eagle fin. 7-2005.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 289

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indian heads are my favorite, just completed my collection earlier this year. Only took me 26 years to get one of every date. Next step is to find one of every date metal detecting. About half way there. Runner up would be Barber dimes. Never really collected them until about 2 years ago. They really are nothing special to look at, but there are several key dates in the series. I am glad I got alot of them out of the way when I did, as the values of the Barbers dimes have really escalated in the last year. Not counting the 1894S, which only 24 were minted, I have 6 more to go to complete this series.

Anthony

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then again the 1908-1929 $2.50 Quarter Gold Eagle and the $5.00 Half Eagle are nice! (Indian Head Type.) I don't see a $10 or $20 one did they make them in this type?

Keep them comming and HH!!

Attachments

• $250GOLDobv.jpg
    $250GOLDobv.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 247
  • $250GOLDrev.jpg
    $250GOLDrev.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 251

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK MUD, you have had more than one type of coin listed, so I'll add that I like nice standing liberty quarters too.
Actually, I like all but the stinking copper coated zinc memorial cent. The mint could just as well stop making them as far as I'm concerned.

P

PrizmIV

Bust halfs, and old coins with character as in a shield nickle with die cracks.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Type coins (large cents, 2 cents, 3 cent silvers, shield nickels, bust & seated 1/2 dimes, dimes, etc.) & early coppers/silvers (colonials).. Also like Morgan dollars, and any/all gold! ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the 20 Cent Piece, and the GOBRECHT Dollar. Being I havn't Found either one, & don't expect to.

OF COURSE I'd settle for a 1795 GOLD EAGLE.

Must be 1 Lost out there Somewhere

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread