Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Lady said she throw 3 Gold Diamond Ring into the water because she was mad at her Huband.

#1 Do you think she did.

#2 Do you think she did not.

The area is 75 ft. deep by 55 ft. wide. I have cover the area 4 times with my Sand shark and 4 time with my ATX. So what do you think ?

The Rings are 1 plain Band,1 Diamond Channel ring White gold ,and the last is 2 to 3 kt. Diamond.

The water is 2 to 5 ft. deep

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found gold rings that have had complete identifying information on it. Names, date of wedding...

She caught him cheating at the beach and the rings went into the surf. (by the way, only married about 4 years)

I'd believe her and hunt the crap out of the area.

Stuff moves around, but may have already been found.

(be careful, the sack with two round things may not be marbles)

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How good a throw is she? l.o.l..
Hoping your recovering tabs and junk but sounds interesting.Its a wee bitty target,no offence to your skill. Too is the location accurate, or a plain stretch with few features.
Talk is cheap from the cheaps seat here but if I had nothing else going after trying to figure if its still in grid you searched or another it would still be tempting. Diamonds down and band on end is a very narrow target....

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i believe her, its a chic thing to do. Ive even had my gfs throw small rocks in to see how far girls can throw. In the recent movie "the other woman" in the end the girl throws her rings in the ocean. They need closure more than they need money or keepsakes or anything like that. but yea chics cant throw very far either

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is in Private area . No MD have ever been there.

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have already had her throw rocks.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long between the time she threw them and when you started looking?

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She got mad at her husband , she about 40 years old and he is in his 70's They live in a $ 8,000,000 house.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron - I have had many ring finds of the same sort. Women often throw their rings. So, yeah, It's a good chance she did. I just had one in Austin Minnesota and the girl threw her ring at her fiancé while he was backing out of the drive way. I had her throw a similar ring exactly the same. I did the whole area and nothing, I was just winding up and got a hit by my truck. My truck was parked 20 yards further away from our test throws. There is was!!! So, point is - go deeper and further to the sides then she thinks. When some one is pissed, they have a lot more power in that throw. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottom of the water is all shell with about 3 Inches of mud. I have covered the area 4 different ways . I over lap my coil , and have found 100's of rings this way ,But I can't find these 3 rings .

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance someone else found them...if not she must have you looking in the wrong area and you will have to widen your search.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True story. A couple of years ago I'm hunting behind The Islander one summer afternoon when a terribly drunk lady approaches me and she proceeds to tell me a similar story, this ring being a 2ct platinum band that she threw in the water the night before, "17 stones total" she tells me. For the rest of that year I always kept this in mind every time I hunted the area, though I really didn't believe her, but who knows, right. Anyway, later that winter, in February, after all of that deep sand was gone, guess what I found about fifty-feet further down the beach then she told me. It was right on the first slope in about a foot of water at low tide. So, with this in mind, even the deepest machine isn't going to hit on heavy rings that have had very long to sink into that deep fine summer sand. Could be you've walked right over them several times and they're just too deep to be detected.

PS: Yes, it had 17 stones, 16 small stones and one slightly larger solitaire. A nice ring for sure but not exactly what I had in the back of my mind. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance someone else found them...if not she must have you looking in the wrong area and you will have to widen your search.
She is not the one that want them found,it's her husband.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What was the surf like? I have found couple rings for people that were 40-50 yards from where they told me they lost them.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Never underestimate the power of a woman.

Especially when she's mad.

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Legit i'd say........same story here on the beach.........she threw the rings....his and hers into the water.......they were both pulled out days later......crazeeeeee

dadoftwogirls

Mar 15, 2010
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
How long ago did she throw them? Also, if the bottom is hard with minimal mud / silt / sand then wave action could move them all over the place. They could have migrated a long way in a very short period of time.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i believe her! you've covered the suspected area, now start expanding your search on each side and top and bottom of your imaginary box. it sounds like it has a supportive base so thats encouraging.
remember, when she threw the rings she was angry. if she threw straight they could have gone further than expected, if she did not throw straight they could be very wide left or right! they might not have even made it 10 feet if she lost her grip!! good luck, if i was over there id come and help you out. keep us updated.

chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread