What kind of detector do you use and deepest target you recovered with it??

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
George (MN) said:
In the past: Explorer XS 25c @ 7"; Whites MXT 25c @ 7"; Whites CM4 disc shield nickel 7".

Current detectors: Minelab XT70 5c @ 5"; Fisher F70 copper mem c 5.25". HH, George (MN)
Heres a detectorist that knows how to read a ruler.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WIT said:
I recovered a 1903 V nickel at around 8" with my Ace 250 on my second or third hunt ever.

No pinpointer. You must of mist it.... and nock it in the hole ....seen that before....

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
orion024 said:
This is mainly for informative information and bragging rights! What kind of detector do you use and deepest target you recovered with it?? :headbang: :icon_pirat: :tongue3:
Used a White's MXT to check behind a dredgers tailing pile, at 16" found a sliver of gold and a copper 22 cal. bullet.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected a worked out park with the DFX and dug a silver dime at 10 inches and I worked this park pretty good. When I got the E-Trac I went back to the same park and dug a few Indian Head cents and wheat's at 12 inches. A another park I went over the same area that I used the DFX on and dug a few Indian Head cents and the deepest one was over 12 inches with the E-Trac. I Sweep the E-Trac just as fast as I do the DFX and haven't noticed any difference as far sweep speed go's.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
box loop 4 foot copper conglomerate.. used a coffin hoist to get it out..made money on that find.

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a Garrett GTA 500, with the stock 8" coil. Last year I purchased an 8" eliptical that Garrett was kind enough to wire for my GTA.

I do not keep track of junk depths, but the deepest coin was an Indian nickel @ indicated 6". The signal was just a whisper.

FYI - the eliptical seems to perform the same as the stock round one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread