what kind of pouch do you use?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any? Everyone wears some type even us water hunters. Where else are we going to put the junk and good stuff? Most start out with a simple nail appron with two pockets, Trash & Treasure. Guys mount a plastic bottle on a belt and the bottle has a slit in the top for the coins. I don't like this as the coins or rings can be seen by the public.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I prefer a deep one that has a spring closure top and a zipper in the bottom. It's closed enough that you can't really see through it but will allow dirt or sand to sift through. It's nylon and the zipper is plastic. The only metal is the closure and is made by Drymate. Cost was 6.99 + shipping.

Attachments

• pouchknife.JPG
    pouchknife.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 330

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I use a carpenters pouch, and there are places to carry other things if needed, like a rock hammer.

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
canvas nail pouch, 2 pockets - 1 for goodies the other for junk

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carpenters pouch with a series of small hole burned through the bottom with a soldering iron.. Lets the dirt and sand out..Also modified the front small pocket with supergule to hold my pinpointer..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several Nail Aprons.
Only problem I have with them is
Weight causes them to Untie.
And no room for Cans , Bottles or other
large relics.

Lately I have been using what I think
is a Jimmy Sierra bag,
I picked up at the Whites Dealer
and then Modified it to Work right.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I use the $1.00 nail apron from Home Depot, it has two sides and I'm working on my 3rd in 3 1/2 years. All the gold goes in the watch pocket on my Levi’s.

Hi Nick Pappagiorgio, I saw that pizza you posted and it looked sooooooo delicious, great looking eats. :)

HH

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
My military experience has taught me that you can't go wrong with the old BDU pants. Several deep pockets. I also have a pair I cut into shorts for the summer.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
BDU pants are great. if you have a choice, go with the ripstop version over the plain cotton... they're a little more durable.

I have a few pouches, depending on where i'm hunting. If its in the water, I have a cheapo fanny pack with a bunch of zippered pouches. Grabbed it at walmart for around 6 bucks. It's big enough to hold some junk, and the zippered pouches keep all the goodies from slipping out.

When hunting on land, I either use an old military butt pack, or a nail-apron style pouch. the military butt pack has one main pouch (for junk) and several smaller ones on the outside for the goodies. You can either attach it to your belt, or sling it over your shoulder with the shoulder strap

steve

Metalgear

Dec 31, 2006
I use a tool belt, 5 big pouches in one. And they are deep pouches. It holds small shovels, Bug repellent, plastic bags, camera, you name it. Is use the middle pouch for the findings. Got it for fathers day.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Lots of big pockets. Shorts with bit pockets in the summer and hunting pants with big pockets in the winter. ;) Less to have to worry about keeping up with. :)

B

BIG61AL

Here's mine.

large open pocket - trash

zippered pocket - the good stuff

side pocket - extra batteries

Works so much better that the nail pouch I was using. That thing always untied itself, had to struggle to put stuff into it, and lastly it got in my way when I bent down to dig. Not going to miss it one iota.

Attachments

• coin pouch.jpg
    coin pouch.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 154

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I use a two pocket Home Depot nail pouch, and military style shorts with lots of pockets...as for all of the kneeling, I have a pair of knee pads from Home Depot that ran me about $20, and they just velcro on...
Baggins

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i just wear combat fatigues or cargo shorts. lots of pockets for stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions