What kind of Relic makes you the happiest to find?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a loaded question for some that live in a more history rich area like the east but for a lot of us, we don't have this available access. For some living in my area, Civil War relics would rank very high compared to say Revolutionary War relics which would be nearly unheard of. There are of course, relics beside war time relics that would by their nature rank very high if found. I love the Civil War stuff but finding super old gun parts would be one of my best, from black powder guns to early cartridge guns, they are just awesome finds. I say that but a Confederate belt buckle sure would be a game changer for me. So what relic are you hoping for the most?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm like you Dirt...A CS belt buckle intact would be Awesome!...

But my #1 Bucket Lister is a...Fully Intact, Era Correct, Moonshine Still. I've found still parts...Jugs, Bottles, Deteriorated Corks and Plugs...But never an intact Still. YET! lol!

I want to find a site so hidden that it's survived all these years! I've got a lot of sites researched...I'm Hoping one of them holds my prize!

Kace

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Hot one about 60, younger than me, I'll supply the moonshine.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been totally obsessed with a revolutionary era cannon ball .

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i would like to find a CS or Union belt plate, a civil war bullet,A embossed bottle from the 1880's or 1890's,and A gun

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like finding personal type relics...buttons, buckles, jewelry...etc., anything engraved with a date or name.

As the others said, I just like finding relics.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to say that a Pine Tree Shilling would be at the top of Mine.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kace, You may want to re-think finding a complete moonshine still. You could get shot.:angel4:
Marvin

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No chance of me ever finding any Civil war or colonial items where I live, but if I travel a little bit to the West I start to get into the things that I'm really interested in. I call them old west relics, it doesn't matter whether I'm after mining camp relics, artifacts along old stagecoach routes, coinshooting in an old "ghost town" or following a lead on some stolen stagecoach loot, I'm always happy to find old stuff. Old tools, machinery parts, and bottles are cool but I still like guns and money the best.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
A cast iron cap gun or other cast iron toys

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

But my #1 Bucket Lister is a...Fully Intact, Era Correct, Moonshine Still. I've found still parts...Jugs, Bottles, Deteriorated Corks and Plugs...But never an intact Still. YET! lol!

I want to find a site so hidden that it's survived all these years! I've got a lot of sites researched...I'm Hoping one of them holds my prize!

Kace

If you found one still in operation it might get interesting lol
I bet you could find one eventually but it would probably be deep in the woods, way off the beaten path. Be a cool find!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
A Hot one about 60, younger than me, I'll supply the moonshine.

lol! When you find her..Just Don't Say 'You're Just The RELIC I've Been Looking For" HaHa!

Good Luck!

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you found one still in operation it might get interesting lol
I bet you could find one eventually but it would probably be deep in the woods, way off the beaten path. Be a cool find!

I don't want to find one that anyone is Using! lol! Abandoned and Hidden Only!

I 'Think' IF I do find an old intact still, it will be in the city...Ya never know though...I've found parts in both the country and the city.

Kace

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding a still isn't that hard around here but then I become a nervous wreck backing out and leaving the area. some of these guys are just good ole boys but this is serious stuff to them. I am pretty much stoked on anything from the 1900s back, there are so many things that are just plain old cool. History is cool and worth saving. I always wonder who all handled it and what happened to them. I guess my coolest finds have been the WWII Dog Tags and returning them to the families. About the time that you think that you have found your coolest relic ever, you find something else that rivals it or exceeds it. I know buttons can be rather exciting to a lot of people and if I managed to find one with the age of those back east, I'd be super excited too

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

Kace

I know a gentleman that builds all Copper Moonshine Stills and sells them to companies that legally produce Moonshine to sell. He also makes Moonshine as a hobby to give to friends and relatives but he himself does not drink whatsoever. Making Moonshine is a part of his family's history back as far as the late 1800s or early 1900s. I drank quite a bit of Moonshine when I was younger and don't particularly care for the taste of the Moonshine he makes (don't tell him that) as I believe he filters it through charcoal but I don't think he filters again to remove the charcoal residue which really has a nasty bite.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to find stonewall’s stars

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While like many Detetorists I would love to find an Oak Tree or Pine Tree Cent but in all honesty, I would much rather find a hidden, genuine and fully preserved in grease, Sharps 50-100 Long Ranger Rifle complete with a Vernier Tang Sight. Of course, an Army of Tennessee CSA Beltplate or intact Confederate Cannon wouldn't hurt either. I have long suspected that the Railroad tracks ran through or in front of my' property during the Civil War. So far, I have not been able to find documentation of this fact but have found broken, very old Railroad Spikes in my' yard. The current Railroad tracks are more than 500 yards Southward from my' property, so I truly believe that the tracks were moved to their present location well after the Civil War. The Battle of Mossy Creek was fought along the Railroad tracks from Jefferson City, Tennessee (formerly Mossy Creek, Tennessee) to Talbott's Station and believe both the Confederate and Union Troops fought on and through my' property. There are literally thousands of targets in the soil on my' property but a bad back from an injury in the U.S. Army and bad knees have prevented me from really spending much time in pursuit of what has been lost on my' property.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed digging a 180+ year old crotal bell from beneath a 10" deep tree root, rinsing the clay out of it, and being the first person to ring it in almost two centuries.

IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4489.JPG

I'd upload the 4-second clip of me ringing the bell for the first time, if there were a way to upload movies. It sounds sweet though, trust me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread