What kinds of improvements can I expect upgrading from a Fisher F2 to an AT Pro?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have many hours with the Atpro is a great machine my suggestion to u since u basically need someone WHO had a f2 & then used a pro go into either the garret Forum or other detector Forum look for a guy rk1949 great guy & he actually went from the f2 to a Atpro so there will b a straight answer on what ull expect give em a shout

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After just 2 months, I don't think you've outgrown the machine as much as you just want to try a "better" or higher end machine?... You probably feel like you're missing good targets and should be finding more? I've had those feelings and generally act on them fairly quickly by purchasing a new toy (hey, it's a good excuse 8-))... No problem with that at all but you may want to keep the other machine around for a while... When I get frustrated with one machine I go to the next one on the next hunt... Always keeps things fresh.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wit that's a good idea, I doubt I will be getting rid of any of my MDs ever. I guess I'll be starting a collection!

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Helton, you can expect excellent separation with an ATP, due to ground balancing!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wit that's a good idea, I doubt I will be getting rid of any of my MDs ever. I guess I'll be starting a collection!

Yup nothing wrong with ah collecting a few lol

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one of my reasons 2 although not alot of people around me that i personaly know detect but who knows i like also having choices pending on where & what im hunting

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only been detecting for 2 months now but already feel like I've outgrown my F2. Please be specific because I'm still new to this and probably don't fully understand the things that you guys may list.

Thanks!

My first detector was an F2. It broke after a month, so I sent it back for a full refund, and bought an at pro from big boys hobbies. The difference? The AT Pro is heavier than the f2, and the coil is larger and is a DD coil, meaning it shoots a beam straight down in a line instead of a cone shape.

The f2 has a quicker response time, but the AT Pro will go deeper. Also, with the f2, there were 3-4 tones, I can't remember. The AT Pro has them too, but they are a bit different, and they are more distinct in giving you information in Pro Zero mode. The AT Pro is more sound than display.

The F2 was an awesome beginner machine, I'd keep it for a backup. Also, if it rains, you don't have to run screaming back to your car, as its waterproof up to 10 feet.

Like everything, the AT Pro will take time, (prob. 100 hours) to learn really well. The more effort and time you put in, the more you'll learn. It doesn't put silver under your coil, but if you go over silver, it'll let you know a bit deeper and more accurately.

If you get an AT Pro, go with the Adventure Pack, its worth it, and you get some nice extras. I recommend Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, but there are many great vendors here in Treasurenet. Try to give them business before you order from Amazon or something. Good luck and let us know, and feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. Take Care!

Ron

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice reveiw I forgot u had that one to lol

OP
OP
mr helton

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sapper! I ordered my F2 from Amazon but definitely want to try one of the tnet vendors this time because I hear good things about them. I've been watching a lot of AT Pro videos on youtube to help familiarize myself with the machine a bit before I upgrade too.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The videos were a big help in me deciding also.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mr helton said:
Thanks Sapper! I ordered my F2 from Amazon but definitely want to try one of the tnet vendors this time because I hear good things about them. I've been watching a lot of AT Pro videos on youtube to help familiarize myself with the machine a bit before I upgrade too.

Get your AT Pro from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. I guarantee you will never experience customer support better than what Bart will give you. And no one can beat his price.

Last edited:

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, call Bart before you order. He'll give you a lower price than what is posted online. Also tell him you're a Tnet user, it never hurts. Www.bigboyshobbies.net Tell him Ron from Wi sent ya! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread