What machine are you using in saltwater and why??

Connie S

Jun 27, 2009
I just bought a Cobra beach magnet that can be submerged to 132 ft. I bought it since I will be using it around the salt water so it doesn't damage the unit.

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
Tesoro TigerShark..... it has a good warranty, it will hunt land pretty well (two circuits, one for salt and one for not), it was quite a bit cheaper than the Excal..... I like the name :p

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
after trying about every water unit made i settled on the Excal ll . its not as deep as a PI but 15" is plenty for me and not dig nails,wire, and junk as it has an excellent discriminator.this is my 4th Excal and the best on so far. i guess if i was young again and had good shoulders and back id use the Garrett Infinium .but i can say the only nail iv dug in 3 years with the Excal's was in my scoop with a penny! when they make something better than the Excal,i will buy it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I've been using the Garrett Sea Hunter II. A bit heavy for those who might have shoulder problems, but the battery/control housing can be mounted off the unit to lighten the load. It is a PI so it rings loud and true. It does have some limited discrimination. I haven't dug a bottle cap in some time.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher Impulse. I've used it for about 15 years now and it is simple to use both in and out of the water. It's to bad they are now discontinued but when they were available they had a lifetime warrentee. If you have one that is in need of repair, Fisher will do a replacement machine for you. You need to be the original owner and be able to prove it.

Deepsix

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I use an Excal and I wouldn't go with anything else. I use a 15 wot coil and custom scoop because I often find things way deeper than most want to dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread