what more could you ask for?

stillrollin300

Jan 15, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ace 350, Garrett Infinium, AT Pro, ATX, GPX 4800, E-Trac, DMC 2B
I went out on Monday for a hunts around a 1750's plantation that actually belonged to my 5th great aunt. Being able to look around a property where I had family once walk was reward in itself. You couldn't ask for a better day as it was 70 degrees, little wind and overcast in December. Day started off slow with some scrap brass and lead but after lunch I changed fields and signals started to come alive. I dug until just before dark and picked up multiple buttons, my favorite being the sportsman button with a fox, and other brass and two silver coins (1857 dime and a 172? cut reale). The 172? Philip V was my favorite because it fits the time period from my family. I will never know for certain but the possibility is what makes it so special. I did pick up two brass pieces that I am not sure what they are, size of a coat flat button but the are not buttons (to my knowledge). If anyone knows what they are I would greatly appreciate letting me know. Its pictured sideways to show the back and top two on left of blue background

blue group.jpg Coin.jpg fox.jpg hand.jpeg myst 2.jpg

Upvote 6

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that is a handful of really nice finds! Hunting an ancestral site certainly paid off well for you. Congrats!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a hunt ! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread