What motivates you to hunt for treasure?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you aren't familiar with my YouTube alter ego The Silver Fiend....

coins.jpg

This is me every time I dig one!

silver dance.gif

PavelP

Nov 1, 2015
Montreal
Detector(s) used
V3I, Deus 2, Deus, aka signum mft 7272m,T2 classic, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the treasure,good hobby where you have the chance to earn money and not just invest, being outside , always moving and not staying in front of tv or computer all the time, and the company when you do it !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me its the "unknown". You never know what you are going to dig next. I am also in the hobby for the history. I am more of a dirt digger than a beach comber. I also, have never sold an item since I have been metal detecting almost 30 yrs. ( yes I do throw the junk away ). For me, its about finding, researching, then displaying my finds. My wife says we need a bigger house as I have over 30 display cases with neat stuff in them. Some of my display cases are the size of book shelves, & china cabinets.

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me treasure and treasure hunting is about finding clues left behind from past days and the stories they tell. Some people would like to use a time machine to see an image from the past and I'm one of them. In that sense any item found could be considered a treasure and tell a story from history. Not being able to use a time machine, finding something from the past is as close as I can get to actually seeing the past. Even a horseshoe can tell a story of someone working in a field on a hot august day in the mid 1800's when the horse kicked off a shoe. There had been some Indians seen in the area lately and it was getting late and probably a good time to head in. As he reached down to inspect the missing shoe he was unaware that a loose button popped off his shirt landing in the tilled ground. A hundred and fifty years later I find an old horseshoe and a flat button which I can tell was made in the mid 1800's. A preserved snapshot in time. I find this very appealing and I rarely tire of looking for these clues.

Last edited:

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely the thrill of what's in the plug. My city was founded due to the river that runs through it. Early 1800s. Most of the residents lived near the river. Since the fall of mills and factories that used this river as a resource, much of the old section is built up now BUT there are small pockets of area that are now parks that hold the history of what was there.
Last spring for instance I found a 1901 V nickel and a 1923 merc at one of those spots. Turned out that there used to be several houses there at the turn of the century. You would never know it by how it looks now.
Most of the schools I hunt were established in the early 50s. I didn't anticipate finding any bucket listers there until a few months age I found a 1892 Barber Half. I would love to retrace its travels before lost.
Again History and the excitement of what is next.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Motivation....? It's finding the first solid "Golden Horseshoe". I think I'm close and narrowing it down. It's somewhere on this 1 mile stretch of old dirt road between my home and the Duck river!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Golden Horseshoe of which ye speaketh hangeth above my door.:happysmiley:
Marvin

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on Keppy.... Your supposed to say "MONEY" I'm just picking Bud, hope I didn't offend you, couldn't help myself.

HH, Relic Nut
I see you know me from this site " you can not offend me by saying that , As a matter of fact that is a compliment " yes the only thing that ..Motivates me to hunt is ...GOLD , SILVER , & MONEY .. i really do not care about history the only way i like history or relics is if it can put money in my pocket...

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This Golden Horseshoe of which ye speaketh hangeth above my door.:happysmiley:
Marvin

What the hell are YOU doing with MY GOLDEN SHOE????? :BangHead: I've been look'in for that thing for a long time. EVERYBODY knows this. Jefferson GA. huh....? Well that ain't far from me. Narrow that address down a little and I'll save ya the shipping cost... I'll come get it!!!!! And it better be solid gold if I come and get it!!!! :laughing7:

Look Msbeepbeep... it is real. It's NOT a myth! This Georgia guy was on my old road digging without me knowing. How did you do that...?

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well will Ya look at that!!!!
No wonder you haven't found it!
How the check did that happen???? :o
.......but a horse has 4 feet, and I only see 1 gold horse shoe. There maybe 3 more to find!

Till then you may want to make use of trail cams, drones, and the dogs!!!! ...and get your sling shot!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the hell are YOU doing with MY GOLDEN SHOE????? :BangHead: I've been look'in for that thing for a long time. EVERYBODY knows this. Jefferson GA. huh....? Well that ain't far from me. Narrow that address down a little and I'll save ya the shipping cost... I'll come get it!!!!! And it better be solid gold if I come and get it!!!! :laughing7:

Look Msbeepbeep... it is real. It's NOT a myth! This Georgia guy was on my old road digging without me knowing. How did you do that...?
You young fellers let an old man out thunk ya.:laughing7: I'll bet ya think this spike is still in that Smiththonian institution too.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You young fellers let an old man out thunk ya.:laughing7: I'll bet ya think this spike is still in that Smiththonian institution too.

Ok... ok... ok, you out thunk me GA Boy (for one shoe)! But as Miss Missbeepbeep pointed out there's still 3 more (are you sure beepbeep... right?). Hell if 60 if your young I'll sign up right now. You better show up here and show me where you found this first shoe... and I want to see proof it's not another fake "Solid Golden Horseshoe". There out there buddy.

And if you found that "Golden" railroad spike with the horseshoe give me a call and we'll work out some sort of "deal". I'm watching you like a hawk from this point forward... make it easy on yourself... PLEASE!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I counted, horses had 4 hooves,aka-feet. Now would you just make one gold shoe for your horse, no! Cause the other horses would laugh.:sly:
....I hope that's not the horse shoe nail...it's a tad long! :eek:
One if these days, you will find your golden horse shoe...maybe 3!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last time I counted, horses had 4 hooves,aka-feet. Now would you just make one gold shoe for your horse, no! Cause the other horses would laugh.:sly:
....I hope that's not the horse shoe nail...it's a tad long! :eek:
One if these days, you will find your golden horse shoe...maybe 3!

Maybe Miss beepbeep... But I got to figure out to keep GA Boy from getting back there. Your right no respectable horse would wear just one Golden Horseshoe... There's still hope!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe Miss beepbeep... But I got to figure out to keep GA Boy from getting back there. Your right no respectable horse would wear just one Golden Horseshoe... There's still hope!

Golden beat these new looking ones.

crocs_for_horses1.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I found that I wouldn't know what the heck it was! Lol!
Sports shoes for horses!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread