The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure, we'd all like to see it, it's just a bit of a turn-off when someone flaunts it whenever possible. It was a great find, worthy of admiration and my hat's off to you, however, a little humility can go a long way. IMO.

HH!
TBGO

Z

ZumbroKid

I am real busy on the 50,000 treasure sites for all thread. I'm working to create the largest free ghost town and hunting sight/research thread in forum history. As of today it has about 160 replies and 2,300+ views. Check it out if you would like, I might put you on a site where you could make an interesting find or two. For a research thread it is doing very well. Once in a while a (cut and paste) section of Treasure Found makes it's way over here in tnet. Enjoy them when you see them. :)

Z

ZumbroKid

Sample post:
Treasure Found: Philadelphia county, Pennsylvania: In 1956 Willie Bracey found a 3 foot section of sewer pipe at the site of some old dwellings being torn down in Philadelphia. Inside the pipe were %,540 in gold coins, most were $20 coins in mint condition.
Treasure Found:Providence county, Rhode Island: At the old Thomas Fields property at Pawtucket in 1975, treasure hunters recovered an old copper box 18x18x20 inches containing an old 1798 map of Providence, pearls, chinese coins, and jewerly, U.S. coins, various jewerly items and silverware. The total value of the find exceeded $50,000. :)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FREE said:
Sample post:
Treasure Found: Philadelphia county, Pennsylvania: In 1956 Willie Bracey found a 3 foot section of sewer pipe at the site of some old dwellings being torn down in Philadelphia. Inside the pipe were %,540 in gold coins, most were $20 coins in mint condition.
Treasure Found:Providence county, Rhode Island: At the old Thomas Fields property at Pawtucket in 1975, treasure hunters recovered an old copper box 18x18x20 inches containing an old 1798 map of Providence, pearls, chinese coins, and jewerly, U.S. coins, various jewerly items and silverware. The total value of the find exceeded $50,000. :)
Those are interesting stories Pete, but kinda old. I have 2 boxes packed full of old newsclippings with finds like these that I saved since I was a kid. I could post a few if I knew how. :-[ I have so many. All true stories.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Free, do you mean to tell us that you're posting Thomas P, Terry's books on the web?

Z

ZumbroKid

SWR said:
Anyway to include proper credits (source) for these Treasure Found stories, or is there a possible copyright infringement
Total permission from Mr. Terry, thats why he gave me a free set.

Z

ZumbroKid

Jeffro said:
Free, do you mean to tell us that you're posting Thomas P, Terry's books on the web?
Have i not done anything I ever wanted here?

Z

ZumbroKid

bigcypresshunter said:
FREE said:
Sample post:
Those are interesting stories Pete, but kinda old. I have 2 boxes packed full of old newsclippings with finds like these that I saved since I was a kid. I could post a few if I knew how. :-[ I have so many. All true stories.
I have Mr. Terry's files also given to me. They make interesting reading, not all the stuff made the books.

Z

ZumbroKid

Jeffro said:
Pieces and more pieces. All useful to those who want to find some interesting spots to hunt. Saves much research time for those nice folks known as treasure hunters.

Z

ZumbroKid

PBK said:
Pete's article, "Urban Renewal: The Golden Opportunity," was in Silver & Gold 2005, pp. 34, 41, and I'm sure Marc wouldn't have any problem getting it from People's Publishing Co., since they sponsor TreasureNet; however, it is copyrighted material, and therefore they now own the "bartering rights."
W&E magazine had no problem with the article being on here. Look at the date posted on the forum and the date published in the magazine. This forum got the coin posted a couple of months before the magazine came out.

Z

ZumbroKid

I private messaged Marc, I'll recreate a special edition of the coin find if he wishes. There are facts that are not in the W&E version. If he really wants it, i can do it in installments.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
FREE said:
Sample post:
Hey Pete, I bet you don't have this one. I got lucky. Here is an example story.You won't find this stuff on the Net. I have boxes full of these newsclippings. Marc's treasurenet members are welcome to it.

Attachments

• neworleans treasure.JPG
    neworleans treasure.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 851
Z

ZumbroKid

I tracked this one down to one or two possible caches it could be from.

R

rvbvetter

I feel for the security guards. They usually earn the least but stayed at their station. I hope the other bank employees brought them back a coin or two.
HH

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
This post did pretty well back in the old days.

How would you answer this question today?

What turns you off as far as postings go on here.

What NO NOs or BOO BOOs would you say turn you against any poster?

You could also tell what it is you like to see posted on here.

Go for it!

Badger

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I dunno, those white's guys sure get under my skin - all, like "Hey look at me I'm the guy who has a metal detector with three extra letters in the name !!", I mean seriously, it's like they think that they're all better than everyone else, especially those jerks diggin' all my silver at that "iceberg" place........MAN, the nerve !!!

GO TESORO !!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions