Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok.... Wife made a HUGE bowl of totally homemade vegetable/beef soup. She started yesterday morning and finished today. She hates ANYTHING hot tasting herself. So this afternoon she asks if I can think of anything else to add...? I said yea.... a little hot sauce. She laughs knowing that's not gonna happen.

Soups declared done around 6:00 PM tonight. I jump up, grab a huge bowl, get a couple of huge helpings and fill my bowl. I headed straight to the frig and grabbed the hot sauce. After a couple of shakes into my bowl (and the top then re-tightened down) I picked up the soup lid and started to shake....!!!! Not a cool thing to DO!!!!!

Once you've crossed a line there's just no going back... no matter how much you acclaim your innocence your still going down. She claims her soup is now HOTTTTT! And I didn't do a damn thing to it.... :dontknow:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what's to complain about? if she doesn't eat it, that's more for you!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OR invite one of us over for dinner :P

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OR invite one of us over for dinner :P

Good for you in Fl. and Jeff in IN. .... YOU BOTH DON'T LIVE IN TENNESSEE.... It's amazing that what the eye's "see".... the brain "believes".... Damn. But it is great homemade soup folks.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff-Gordon - Wrong! Bad! But I like it!

Wanna hear something really bad?????? A couple years ago I became allergic to PEPPER. Go figure.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; YUP< I knows da feelin.!!! My Sister does it to me all the time. I'm the only one here that likes the hot stuff. They hate it. She swears that I put hot peppers on my food just to ruin her cooking even though I've explained to her that it does not change the "flavor" at all. Oh well. !!! PEACE:RONB

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad....tell her it could be worse......:laughing7:
The Viking's condiments....

DSCN8679.JPG

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm.. I was thinking about the physics of this, and it's possible you contaminated her soup enough that it would change it. Hot sauce can be potent, and if you splashed it into your soup while it was on TOP of the soup, and the first splash caused the hot sauce to contact the lid before mixing well with the soup... well... it's possible.

I know that I've picked up "hot" flavor at Mongolian BBQ because mine was cooked behind someone else's on the stove. THey even scraped the stove down (but didn't wash it). The oils in peppers can be sticky and very potent.

So... depending on how "much" hot sauce we're talking about.. yeah, you could have affected hers if she then shook her soup on the same lid...
SO... here's all the IF statements:

If the hot sauce is oily in any way,
If it is potent
If the sauce contacted the lid before the soup mixed in
If the lid was used in HER soup
and IF she's sensitive to hot things

THEN : your gal might notice a slight increase in the Scoville scale rating of her own soup.

Now... that being said, just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's probable. But possible? I think so...

Damn Skippy.... That's a lot of IF'S.

No we/she doesn't cook with hot sauce so the pot wasn't oiled up from past cookin'. It was just a few drops of Louisiana hot sauce into my bowl. My bowl was on the counter away from the stove and pot of soup. I "doctored" mine up, reinstalled lid on sauce and pretended to shake into large uncovered pot..... wrong thing to do!!!! But NOT one drop hit the main soup pot.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well then if any single IF wasn't there, I declare you in the clear. And since no sauce made it into her pot... it's all Pscyhological.

If we go with the fact that every 2 years or so, my wife will wake up angry at me because I cheated on her in her DREAMS (I'd never do that, which makes it so dang funny, because she KNOWS I married up... she's the one who married down. LOL), it seems reasonable if your wife's brain believes you contaminated her soup, you're hosed.

Sorry, bro.

Skippy

Yea it was all psychological.... but if it was reversed maybe I'd see things different....? You can "declare" me in the clear.... but I don't see you here heating up a bowl and listening to her...? She now knows / believes me but I guess when you do the visual it's hard to get over.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea it was all psychological.... but if it was reversed maybe I'd see things different....? You can "declare" me in the clear.... but I don't see you here heating up a bowl and listening to her...? She now knows / believes me but I guess when you do the visual it's hard to get over.

Gee Limitool ,why would she not trust you?:icon_scratch:
Ya, it's psychological.
Next time just set at the table ,tuck your napkin under your chin and let her serve you ,including your hot sauce bottle.
Be careful if she gets distracted and you think you have a shot at doctoring her bowl though ,it will likely be a trap.
Keep an eye out for the opportunity though.:skullflag:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a chili addict. But not always. When in my 20's I would watch people eat hot chili's out of the jar and I thought they were faking it. Like in showing off.
So I bought a jar of hot peppers, pepproncini's not really hot at all. Well I nibbled on them for a week and increased my dose little by little. By the end of the week I was eating the whole thing. Heat is addictive.
Today I eat few things w/o chili. Gumbo, pizza, Tex Mex, whatever. So maybe you could challenge your wife to try to join the rest of us addicts and go slow. It's really worth it as a whole new eating experience is there.
There are few things as satisfying as chili.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee Limitool ,why would she not trust you?:icon_scratch:
Ya, it's psychological.
Next time just set at the table ,tuck your napkin under your chin and let her serve you ,including your hot sauce bottle.
Be careful if she gets distracted and you think you have a shot at doctoring her bowl though ,it will likely be a trap.
Keep an eye out for the opportunity though.:skullflag:

It doesn't work here that way buddy....! If I tucked my napkin, waited to be served let alone the hot sauce bottle.... I'D GO HUNGRY!

If you ever come here and we cook for ya and declare it done.... you'll have to walk to the counter, stove or wherever and fill your plate or bowl. Now you'll eat real well (ask Frank-Huntsman53) but if you wait for it to be "served" to you... you might as well go out back w/MD and dig up some more horseshoes. Baked B-BE-QUE chicken tonight.... hurry.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah but see...if she does not trust you with hot sauce around her bowl or the stockpot ...you can leverage that into getting served at the table.
O.K. ,served papers probably..or worse.

I do understand he who eats the fastest gets the mostest though.:occasion14:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm eating at Oregon Viking's house,that is sooommmme arsenal there! Brad I hear eating hot sauce makes your horseshoe finding skills more sensitive,just tell the missus that.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah but see...if she does not trust you with hot sauce around her bowl or the stockpot ...you can leverage that into getting served at the table.
O.K. ,served papers probably..or worse.

I do understand he who eats the fastest gets the mostest though.:occasion14:

You still ain't getting it buddy.... (:laughing7:). Just show up someday and we'll have this discussion in person.... OK?

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm eating at Oregon Viking's house,that is sooommmme arsenal there! Brad I hear eating hot sauce makes your horseshoe finding skills more sensitive,just tell the missus that.

Well hell lady.... That explains a lot. The missus doesn't care what I find but "using" hot sauces upon her cooking does hit the radar.... Thanks, Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread