cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not digging foil sounds/numbers, you're missing some good targets. Now in an urban park or any other area paved with junk, yeah, I'd have missed this target too, but, at the beach where I found this, I dig everything above iron. This a perfect reason why. It's a pretty little thing, doesn't weigh much at .8 grams, but, it worth it to me to dig foil to get it. This 14K gold ring was about 8" down in soft sand, and read 4 in the ground with on my Nox 800. It reads 5 out of the ground. I've also found some tiny gold earrings that have read 2.

Attachments

• gold sept18.jpg
    gold sept18.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 96

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I gotta go back and dig all the 4's and 5's! lol

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring! I seem to see 15 a lot. Pull tabs typically when I dig this number. I air tested a War Nickel at 15, but finally dug a War Nickel today and it was a 13(my first non 12 Nickel)

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I go by the audio, not the numbers. Of the 13 detectors I have only 3 have VDI.

The best gold bracelet I have found rang in at a solid 4. Being I was learning the Equinox I was watching the display, learning all the bells and whistles my new toy had and that was on the third day out with the new detector. The same day as I was comparing Excal, ATX and the Equinox, I passed on one ugly sounding signal with both the Excal and ATX, the Equinox told me there were 5 targets close together and one was iron. The other four targets turned out to be coins. This was something I had never experienced with any of my other detectors. I was converted. I still have all the other detectors as each has it own area of prowess.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the beach i dig everything above 0. In the parcs i only dig between 15 and 24 (coin range for Europian coins). To much trash to dig on the lower numbers.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Given that 99% of my hunting is on our east coast Florida beaches, I too dig everything above iron...except when detecting the Treasure Coast. In that case, I dig it all because some nice artifacts from the ship wrecks are iron.

Digging all above iron is one major reason I went to 3 tones. In fact, I really could use 2 tones but I personally like to distinguish between mid and high conductors.

Just the view from my personal foxhole...

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been passing up anything in the 15 - 18 range on my Nox 800, they only thing I've gotten so far is scrap metal, pull tabs, etc. And I've seen a number of guys mention digging the 2's but so far its all foil for me !! I'll keep hoping !! One thing I can say is I really like the target separation on the Nox, you can clearly hear the multiple side-by-side targets.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats. Pretty ring.:icon_thumright:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on a nice ring.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This weekend I got a solid 1 in the water it was a .83g 14k earring

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Given that 99% of my hunting is on our east coast Florida beaches, I too dig everything above iron...except when detecting the Treasure Coast. In that case, I dig it all because some nice artifacts from the ship wrecks are iron.

Digging all above iron is one major reason I went to 3 tones. In fact, I really could use 2 tones but I personally like to distinguish between mid and high conductors.

Just the view from my personal foxhole...

Never met a Col in a fox hole. Just joking. I was in the signal corp during the cold war, so never was in a fox hole. As a SP-5 never had the opportunity to talk to any officer above the rank of Capt.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Never met a Col in a fox hole. Just joking. I was in the signal corp during the cold war, so never was in a fox hole. As a SP-5 never had the opportunity to talk to any officer above the rank of Capt.

:laughing7:

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found a 4.5 gram 22KT ring that rang up at 16 and my 14kt wedding band rings up a 19 . I dig everything 10 or above and any thing that sounds good.
I love the low tones on the foil but gold and bottle caps coming in at similar numbers sucks.

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not digging foil sounds/numbers, you're missing some good targets. Now in an urban park or any other area paved with junk, yeah, I'd have missed this target too, but, at the beach where I found this, I dig everything above iron. This a perfect reason why. It's a pretty little thing, doesn't weigh much at .8 grams, but, it worth it to me to dig foil to get it. This 14K gold ring was about 8" down in soft sand, and read 4 in the ground with on my Nox 800. It reads 5 out of the ground. I've also found some tiny gold earrings that have read 2.

Hey Mark nice ring. Are you getting low tones along with the numbers? I haven't found anything of value yet in the single digits and wondering if I've left that for you? ; )

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are missing Colonial and civil war buttons if your not digging those because some of them fall into that range. Unless of course you don't want to dig any buttons....
I've been passing up anything in the 15 - 18 range on my Nox 800, they only thing I've gotten so far is scrap metal, pull tabs, etc. And I've seen a number of guys mention digging the 2's but so far its all foil for me !! I'll keep hoping !! One thing I can say is I really like the target separation on the Nox, you can clearly hear the multiple side-by-side targets.

Happa54

Feb 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
EQX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my Los Angeles parks, way too many targets to dig those low numbers. I do however focus on nickel signals in addition to high conductors. In the last month I dug up a honker 18k gold ring and gold buddha pendant on strong nickel signals.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mark nice ring. Are you getting low tones along with the numbers? I haven't found anything of value yet in the single digits and wondering if I've left that for you? ; )

Yes, and thank you! I like the low tones at the beach. You here in "Sandy Eggo"?

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and thank you! I like the low tones at the beach. You here in "Sandy Eggo"?

Yeah I'm at PB a few times a week. Still learning the machine how would you compare the depth to the Excal with a ten inch coil? I thought I liked the fact it discriminated out the foil now I'm not so sure .

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Nox with the 11" coil is very close in depth with the 10" Excal. I mostly use the Excal with a 15" coil which get more depth than anything I've used. I'm waiting for the 15" Nox coil to come out so I can compare it to the Excal 15" coils. Both detectors can disc out foil, but, you will lose small gold if you do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions