what ohm headphones should i look into?

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I could be wrong, but it probably won't matter. If you were dealing with a Marshall stack (rock musician equipment) you would certainly need to know the impedance of your speaker cabinets, or you could risk having the amp melt down.

In this case though, I would assume that all the manufacturers use whatever the standard figure is for compatible headphones. The volume being pumped into them is very low, so the impedance (figured in ohms) probably will not make a lot of difference.

I think the main thing is the comfort factor, as you are going to be wearing them for hours on end in some cases.

Any of you experts out there feel free to add your 2 cents worth.
:)

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
jorge del norte said:
what ohm headphones should i look into? or an suggestions.....for a cheap headphone, or something around 30-75.00 dollars

The easiest way is to look in the manual that came with the metal detector to see what the ohm's rating is. If you don't have a manual you can most likely look the information up on line. If all else fails that information should be stamped on the back of the speaker magnet most likely 8 ohm's. Over time headphones become very important, and fidelity and comfort are plus.

HH

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
So aside from comfort, a less-expensive set would perform close a much higher-priced set? I have been wondering this myself, as I've been looking around & compiling my "wish list". Now if I could just get my rich uncle out of the poor-house :'( :D

Smitty

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
IndianaSmith said:
So aside from comfort, a less-expensive set would perform close a much higher-priced set? I have been wondering this myself, as I've been looking around & compiling my "wish list". Now if I could just get my rich uncle out of the poor-house :'( :D

Smitty

This is actually the wrong forum to discuss this topic in, but.

Matching the machines ohm's rating with the speakers is foremost. Then the price goes up due to workmanship, materials, volume controls, mono/ stereo controls, amplifiers and so forth, you get what you pay for.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions