What pin pointer targets the deepest for coins?

JB Hunts

Dec 21, 2023
This may be a very subjective question, but I'm looking for a general consensus on here as to what pin pointer can reach the deepest targets. While I MD in sand, I do want to start hunting a few old farms, as I am hooked on watching Quarter Hoarder and the great finds that they get.

I currently use the XP pin pointer that came with my Deus II. I like it, but I'm wondering if there are even more powerful pin pointers out there!

Tks in advance for the replies!

JB

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...what pin pointer can reach the deepest targets...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to BRANDS for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum TODAY'S FINDS! contains your find(s). Share it with others in the Today's Finds Forum. Always a "timely" place to visit.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This may be a very subjective question, but I'm looking for a general consensus on here as to what pin pointer can reach the deepest targets. While I MD in sand, I do want to start hunting a few old farms, as I am hooked on watching Quarter Hoarder and the great finds that they get.

I currently use the XP pin pointer that came with my Deus II. I like it, but I'm wondering if there are even more powerful pin pointers out there!

Tks in advance for the replies!

JB
The M-4/M-6 pin pointer is probably one of the best going on the market.
One can increase the sensitivity up to a point of where it starts to false on the soils.
That will be site dependant as loamy soils act differently than heavy clay even.

I haven't watched any of the Quarter Hoarder videos so I don't know what they're about.
The thing is most video content is edited to the point of the viewer might get the impression of the homestead sites are loaded with lots of keepers. (subjective also as some like iron/some don't)

OP
OP
J

JB Hunts

Dec 21, 2023
The M-4/M-6 pin pointer is probably one of the best going on the market.
One can increase the sensitivity up to a point of where it starts to false on the soils.
That will be site dependant as loamy soils act differently than heavy clay even.

I haven't watched any of the Quarter Hoarder videos so I don't know what they're about.
The thing is most video content is edited to the point of the viewer might get the impression of the homestead sites are loaded with lots of keepers. (subjective also as some like iron/some don't)
Tks! I want one for land and beach. Will this work best on both?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most pin pointers work on size of target and proximity to the target.

Maybe I'm missing something here with your query.

Is it for just for pin pointing the target after detecting it, or is it for actual detecting the sand using only the pin pointer?

OP
OP
J

JB Hunts

Dec 21, 2023
Most pin pointers work on size of target and proximity to the target.

Maybe I'm missing something here with your query.

Is it for just for pin pointing the target after detecting it, or is it for actual detecting the sand using only the pin pointer?
Pin pointing after detecting. I want something to go down as deep as possible so that I don't have to break my back digging in either sand or farm....

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It should work very well on both. Like detectors themselves, the top contending PP (and you have one) are likely to be pretty close. I'd get to know the MI-6 very well in both situations before pulling the trigger on another one.

The real power is in the main MD anyway, unless you're just using the PP without it.

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
I use a minelab pro find 40 which does have visibly longer range than other pinpointers I've messed with. There may be better out there but that much I can attest to. I use the coin trick with it that can increase depth a fair bit as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions