digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got a carrot. I've been using a Nokta Waterproof Pinpointer and thought is was descent. The carrot just blows it away, with the depth and sensitivity control. I don't have experience with the Pro pointer ll. I vote Carrot:thumbsup:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where you live, you maybe should consider the Carrot, its waterproof.

I just recently bought and have been using a Nokta Pointer, which I really like.
I have had TWO black Pro Pointers, but both have failed me - maybe because I used
them A-LOT! You know, hunting three, four or more times per week, does wear gear out....! =]
Nokta Pointer is real sensitive to small metal, and has ten sens. settings, waterproof and other great features.
Yes, I know its not American made, but the quality of the design and materials, is far above the Carrot.
Consider.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either one will do for you. I have the original Pro Pointer and a Carrot. I'd spend the extra to get the waterproof Carrot. I don't mind hunting when the ground is saturated. Some spots were so wet that the hole would fill with water as I removed the plug. When I did it in the past, with the Pro Pointer, I always worried about water getting in via the switch hole or speaker slits (never happened). No worries with the Carrot. :thumbsup:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Garrett Carrot is water proof. The black one is not. That should be the deciding feature.

Pro Ponter vs.  Garrett Carrot.jpg

CaptjimUP

Oct 17, 2015
Chassell, MI
Detector(s) used
Garret Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For $17 difference it's a no brainer if going with Garrett. Get the carrot. Waterproof, adjustable sensitivity, ruler, fast retune, color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there is any Question--I'll be going with the Carrot--I didn't know if the new black one had any new features to overcome the Carrot--Perry

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one of each of Garrett's Pin Pionter AT and Pin Pointer II - had a problem with the AT sent it in and less than a week Garrett sent me a new one. I use the AT in rain & wet conditions & II in dry conditions. Bought a White's Bulleye pointer and sent it back because the vibration & sound was to light and did not compare to the Garrett. If I had to choose only one it would be the AT.

Texas ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread