Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K

Kentucky Kache

Roadquest said:
The way I look at it is, I will read everything anyone has to say on a subject I'm interested in.
Pro or con. Then I will make up my own mind.
If someone REALLY tries to convince me that something is real, or not real. True, or not true.
Then that peaks my interest, and I dwell deeper into research on the subject.

Roadquest

That's the way to do it. But these guys offer nothing. All they can say is that something is wrong, or someone is stupid if they believe certain things. Proving something wrong is one thing, but these guys can't do that. They offer nothing.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Cache Crazy said:
Montana Jim said:
I dunno... I think if you look past your perceptions SWR's opinions are solid and knowing. I rather enjoy his questions and his banter. He threatens a lot of folks here who can not back up their assertions.

SWR keeps it real and keeps some posts from turning into comic book tales IMO.

I think someone needs a hero.
I don't know anyone on here that is threatened by those who don't have the ability to believe anything that they didn't read in a text book. How in the world would that be threatening?

I guess I can speak to this because I wrote it :

#1 - I don't need heros. That was a childish and insulting comment.
#2 - I've read thousands of posts between he and many others... any time SWR posts anything or even mearly asks a question there is an immediate uproar. I read and re-read and nearly every time he is berrated for even posting... that means folks are threatened... they are lashing out from the proverbial corner they feel backed into. I'll agree that sometimes he has poked a few folks just to watch them react... like we all don't do that once in a while?
#3 - It's my perception... it's "in my opinion". And since I read something I disagreed with - I commented.
#4 - Since I know nothing and next to more than nothing about every rock and stick being a turtle and a treasure sign from 130 years ago, I read these posts with great interest and try to learn something - but instead I always watch the "self proclaimed experts" here just argue with each other and disagree -as an outsider I get almost nothing from the posts that have so much potential.

I keep waiting to read the ONE post that everyone agrees on and accepts as a possible actual real and attainable treasure site.

K

Kentucky Kache

lamar said:
Cache Crazy;
OK, prove you aren't a lunatic!
LAMAR

I'm not affected by the phases of the moon, I'm crazy all the time. What about you?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
We do seem to be avoiding the subject matter at hand. We can disagree on things and remain friends. When we get to absolute proof, which some demand, it is not possible, nor reasonable to expect. We all have quite different standards of what "proof" is, so it is also not reasonable to expect that one person's standard is going to be the same as someone else's.

So all are free and welcome to say this story is pure fantasy or Gospel truth, basing their statements on their own standards. Simply saying "it isn't true" while demanding some other member to go spend time and efforts to produce whatever documents might prove the case is rather lazy research in my opinion. If someone wants to assert this story to be untrue, I think it is reasonable to expect those person(s) to do at least some research on their own part, to produce evidence to show the story is untrue.

We sometimes forget that we are all friends here, so please let us try to remain civil, before one of the moderators should decide to intervene? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

K

Kentucky Kache

Montana Jim said:
You, Oroblanco, always write civil, impressive and interesting posts... I guess YOU must also be my hero. :o

Oro is correct, and I've been saying some of the same things, as have others. But I'm not asking to be anyones hero...I've never belonged to your click.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear oroblanco;
Your suggestion won't work my friend. Like a true lunatic, the man won't listen to reason. This topic is a foregone conclusion due to people like Cache Crazy posting nonsense, so why not have some fun before you-know-who comes in and throws a lock on it?
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Oroblanco;
We can start up our own clique my friend! We can ourselves "the He-man conspiracy haters club"! Or is that too subtle?
Your friend;
LAMAR

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
This is why I read and never post... what a dolt I was to post an opinion here... sorry to interfere in this forum. What cligue? Eh... never mind...

K

Kentucky Kache

lamar said:
Dear Oroblanco;
We can start up our own clique my friend! We can ourselves "the He-man conspiracy haters club"! Or is that too subtle?
Your friend;
LAMAR

I nominate Lamar for president of the "walks like a duck" club.

K

Kentucky Kache

Montana Jim said:
This is why I read and never post... what a dolt I was to post an opinion here... sorry to interfere in this forum. What cligue? Eh... never mind...

You're not a victim. Everyone has opinions.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Montana Jim and Cache Crazy - you guys are going to make me blush! I have seen your own posts can be just as polite and I am sure you would do the same if you saw your friends growing angry with each other over a difference of opinions. I have lost my temper way too often and posted things I regretted. (Don't read anything I posted in the polly-ticks forum, for some bad examples - I haven't even gone back to look but will go and try to mend fences some night.) I think if we were to all get together around a campfire, we would have no trouble in our friendships. BTW Cache Crazy - I hope you are mistaken about a "click" among us here, there may be a few who do that but in my experience this Treasurenet bunch is one of the friendliest and most helpful group of people I ever ran across. You are one of us amigo, regardless of what ever differences we may have! :thumbsup:

Lamar wrote
Dear oroblanco;
Your suggestion won't work my friend

I hope you are mistaken on this point amigo, for I have found treasure hunters to be a very reasonable and intelligent group of people. They may be rugged individualists, and sometimes we get ruffed feathers but on the whole these are very minor disagreements. It is not going to mend a friendship by "having some fun" at their expense, rather it may have the opposite and quite undesired effect. I am quite guilty of this error myself, and HOPE that I can recognize the error and avoid it as much as possible.

Lamar wrote

I don't wish to find fault with the suggested formal title, but as it would apply to myself it would be an EXTREME exaggeration! :o ;D (I have not heard anyone describe me as an He-Man any time recently! ;D :D) On the other hand, I don't truly "hate" conspiracy theories, rather they can be interesting and entertaining. After all, a few conspiracies have been factual, like the Lincoln assassination conspiracy which was intended to virtually de-capitate the Federal government in a stroke. When false conspiracy theories get proposed, is it not more profitable for us to examine the evidence (or lack of evidence) and expose them as false?

Montana Jim wrote

I respectfully disagree with your conclusion amigo - you did right to post your opinion and we all profit when more of us WILL speak up and speak their minds. I hope you will continue to add your views and opinions to this thread and as many more as interest you!

So we are left wondering, what really happened to the impressive wealth of the Templars? It appears that the king of France (Philip) seized some, while the Church assigned some of the properties to other Orders, but the treasury monies are not FULLY accounted for. As this is very much "out of my league" and not something I have done much research on, perhaps someone among us can shed more light on what became of the Templar treasures? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Montana Jim;
You wrote:
My friend, according to your post count, it's currently registering at 12,035 posts. I don't know, but it certainly seems that SOMEONE is posting under your name, my friend.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
lamar said:
Dear Montana Jim;
You wrote:
This is why I read and never post... what a dolt I was to post an opinion here... sorry to interfere in this forum.   What cligue?   Eh... never mind...
My friend, according to your post count, it's currently registering at 12,035 posts. I don't know, but it certainly seems that SOMEONE is posting under your name, my friend.
Your friend;
LAMAR

I should have clearified: "post in treasure legends topics."

Anyway - On with your search for the Templar's treasures!

K

Kentucky Kache

Oroblanco said:
As this is very much "out of my league" and not something I have done much research on, perhaps someone among us can shed more light on what became of the Templar treasures? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

It's in a big, deep hole in Nova Scotia. Hey...could be. :wink:

K

Kentucky Kache

lamar said:
Cache Crazy;
It's in a big, deep hole in Nova Scotia. Hey...could be.
What is in a big deep hole? Your brain, perhaps?
LAMAR

Lamar, give a brotha some love. ;D

We're talking about the Templar treasure. If you can't keep up, you'll have to go sit with the kiddies.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
I believe Cache Crazy is referring to Oak Island, which is another of the great mysteries of the world. Some have theorized that the origin of the Oak Island treasure is in fact the Templars! The theory goes, if memory serves, that Henry Sinclair made a voyage across the Atlantic, to carry the Templars' greatest treasures and possibly relics as well, to a place that the majority of Europeans had no inkling even existed. If true, it was quite a feat for the day, yet there is little documentation to support it. Something is buried at Oak Island, certainly, but as to who or whom went to such lengths to conceal and protect it? Perhaps one day we will know the answer!
Oroblanco

PS there is a thread focused on this theory here on T-net, at http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,188891.0.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread