What say you

bluH2oman

Greenie
Mar 19, 2016
Forgotten Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening ladies and gents. Im new to all this and am currently in the market for a new machine. I was given a bounty hunter sharp shooter 2 by a friend, and thats how it all started. I live in north florida on the gulf, so a lot of my time is spent on beach sand. Someone in my area has a bnib White's Treasure pro, hes asking $200. Ive read some reviews, they seem good, but just wanted to ask here and see what yall think. I seem to run into a lot of false hits due to mineral deposits now with the sharp shooter, so Im hoping this one can help me out with that.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a dedicated salt water beach machine if you spend your time on the beach. It will save you from buying your 3rd detector in a couple months.

OP
OP
B

bluH2oman

Greenie
Mar 19, 2016
Forgotten Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, thank you for the dose of reality. Any recommendations? What wold make a machine dedicated to a beach-marine environment? Sorry if these are stupid questions, just trying to learn

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need a detector that can punch through the salt minerals. Freshwater beaches are no problem for single freq detectors but salt beaches are different. You need a multi freq detector or a PI...

Why is your budget?

OP
OP
B

bluH2oman

Greenie
Mar 19, 2016
Forgotten Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the 5-700$ range. Not sure I can get what I need for that amount, if not I'll bite the bullet and save for a bit

OP
OP
B

bluH2oman

Greenie
Mar 19, 2016
Forgotten Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just took a quick look at that price range. Candidates are Tesoro sand shark, Garrett sea hunter mark 2, and Whites surfmaster dual field.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be aware all 3 are pulse induction detectors so you will be digging every tiny piece of iron on the beach, they can't tell the difference between a tiny piece of iron and a gold ring...

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two most popular machines for beach duty are the Fisher CZ21 and the Minelab Excalibur.... Listed in no particular order. While these machines at new prices may stretch your budget, used machines sometimes drop close to the price range you have listed. Maybe not all the way to it, but close.

Let me know if we can help you find one.

OP
OP
B

bluH2oman

Greenie
Mar 19, 2016
Forgotten Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like I have secured a Garrett SH2. As for digging every piece of iron on the beach, well heck, maybe they wont all be iron.:laughing7:
FB detectors, if this one pans out, maybe in the future you will here from me if I out grow it.

thanks again guys

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They won't all be iron. However if your beach is iron infested a lot will be and might be overwhelming. However, sand is super easy to dig in and won't be as hard of a task as on land. Good luck with your new heater and bring some bling pictures to amaze us with!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread