What should I do with these?

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got lucky on ebay a few days ago and got these on a buy it now for 25.00 and 5.95 shipping. All Silver!! I do collect coins, but I'm not into modern coins or proofs and only bought these because they were under spot price. (there were 2 available and for some dumb reason, I only bought one). My question is should I trade them to my LCS for 6 junk quarters or keep them? I would rather stack silver than keep coins I'm not interested in, but I know my LCS won't give me anymore than a straight across trade and these are worth a bit more than common old silver washingtons. So what would you guys do??

ForumRunner_20130207_165652.png

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be in the minority here, but I actually really like the look of the modern silver proof quarters.

But, yeah, if you got 'em for under spot, trade them for whatever you like to collect.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Got lucky on ebay a few days ago and got these on a buy it now for 25.00 and 5.95 shipping. All Silver!! I do collect coins, but I'm not into modern coins or proofs and only bought these because they were under spot price. (there were 2 available and for some dumb reason, I only bought one). My question is should I trade them to my LCS for 6 junk quarters or keep them? I would rather stack silver than keep coins I'm not interested in, but I know my LCS won't give me anymore than a straight across trade and these are worth a bit more than common old silver washingtons. So what would you guys do??
...... It is not what i want to do with them.... They are yours it is up to you to make up your own mind what to do with them...... But you did good......

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Why wouldn't you want to stack those instead of junk quarters? That proof silver collection will be worth more than junk 90%, doesn't make much sense to me.

OP
OP
skeeterd

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are six silver quarters here that I figured are worth seven junk quarters. If I could find a way to trade, I personally would rather have the seven junk quarters. But my LCS won't do that. (I don't blame him either, it's his business) I don't like the idea of cutting proof coins out of their protective case and throwing them in with the rest of the junk silver either. Trading for a coin that fits my collection is probably what I'll do.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
See if there are coin clubs in your area, a collector will trade. Put an ad on Craigslist. There are ways to find collectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread