What should I look for?

miamilatin

Jul 19, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I`m starting my CRH adventure today and heading to the bank for $25 box of pennies. I have been practicing at examining my loose change I get from stores. I have been looking for of course old pennies, wheats but also errors. I have Cherry Pickers Guide. But most recently I have found 2 websites that have thrown me for a loop. I have mostly been looking for double dies but after looking through a website i found I feel I need to look for a whole lot more! Heres an example : Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties . Again I understand the double die but this website is pointing out "die scratches" and "die gouges" which in all honesty looks like normal wear IMHO. Heres the 2 sites I use along with Cherry Pickers; Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties , The Lincoln Cent Resource

So i guess my question is, along with looking for old rare pennies, what type of errors should I concentrate on? Which errors are most profitable? Thanks for your time and HH! :hello:

Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before you get into specific dates i would look through that last link you posted for The Lincoln Cent Resource, on the left hand column is a tab called ERRORS. I would familiarize yourself with the errors there as a base of some knowledge, before expanding on that with specific dates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread