What small coils available for Golden Sabre2?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be interested in this as well, after all - my Royal Sabre is already pretty sweet with its' stock coil.....
'

OP
OP
A

alba359

Dec 5, 2008
South Louisiana
Thanks for the reply guys.And thanks for your service in Vietnam and Cambodia DeepseekerADS. I was in high school during the war. At my school I never heard a bad word about the guys who served. Almost everyone had relatives in the war and we respected those who served. And thanks Steve1357. I didn't know the GS2 had a 5 pin connector.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered using your new GS2 with its stock coil first before deciding in advance that you will need a smaller coil? My old Golden Sabre Plus does a good job of target separation with its stock white donut coil. It is one detector that I will never sell.

gwcracker

Aug 5, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that the brown case Golden Sabre, mounted under the rod? Regardless, it takes the epsilon coil, 5 pin coil.

OP
OP
A

alba359

Dec 5, 2008
South Louisiana
Hi Megalodon, Thanks for the reply. I plan to use the small coil at parks litered with plenty of pull tabs. From experience with my original Golden Sabre I found more nice old silver coins at a particular park with the small coil. I wouldn't keep the small coil on all the time. Thanks, Don

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Megalodon, Thanks for the reply. I plan to use the small coil at parks litered with plenty of pull tabs. From experience with my original Golden Sabre I found more nice old silver coins at a particular park with the small coil. I wouldn't keep the small coil on all the time. Thanks, Don

In that case, a small coil might pull out coins among the trash. Before I bought the Tesoro GS Plus, I used an early '80's vintage garrett master hunter, then new and "high tech" at the time, and went down to a 4" garrett "co-planar" sniper coil at an old park popular in the 1890's to early 1900's. It was pre-pulltab but littered with tiny gold foil Heinz 57 paks. The 4" coil pulled out more Barber dimes than I had ever found. I think 8 Barber dimes in one day is still my personal record. That particular coil was also perfect at another site where EMI was an issue with larger concentric coils. So yes, a small coil can be very useful at park sites that are so littered with trash. And the tesoro should balance better with a small coil than that heavy old garrett (had to use a hip-mount kit with that heavy control box). Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alba359

Dec 5, 2008
South Louisiana
Thanks for the reply Megalodon. 8 Barber in one day! 8 silver dimes is great! But 8 Barber's in one day?!?! That's a dream come true! It's also encouraging! Thanks for the motivation!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread