What spots would you choose between Houston, TX and Taos, NM?

amachine

Apr 19, 2019
Houston
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all!

My wife and I are planning a road trip from Houston all the way to Taos. You know what would be great? Stopping at any small town, off-the-beaten-path antique/thrift/miscellaneous shop and finding treasures to sell on eBay (or even in larger city markets). The idea would be to make enough to pay for the trip - about $800 or so. That would be a lot of selling (unless we got lucky), and it wouldn't happen overnight, but I'm really interested in "digging for treasure" in these smaller towns just to see what's there. And not JUST to sell - I actually end up keeping a decent amount of my thrift store finds as it is.

That being said, we are also adventurers, and my wife makes jewelry from gemstones, so those would be swell to find out in New Mexico!

If YOU were going to cover the distance between Houston and Taos, where would YOU stop to look for any kind of valuable - whether natural or man-made?

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very interesting adventure and question you have come up with , I live near Taos
(Santa fe) but I don't know the routes between Houston and Taos at all . You should pick a route and research the small towns along that route , be flexible so that you can make impromtu side trips as you learn of other locations just off your route - most important have fun !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread